1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about shocks

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TacoAviator, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Jul 12, 2011 at 6:22 AM
    TacoAviator

TacoAviator [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    07 4.0 Taco
    K&N 77 Series Intake, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Borla Cat-Back, URD MAF Unit, Anzio black headlights, FABTECH 3'' Lift Kit, Halo Rims w/ Nitto Terra Grappler 285/75/17, Westin Nerf Bars and Bull Grill, Grille Craft Grille, WetherTech Wind deflectors, Custom Cup Holder
    I looed for an answer but my searching skills are about as good as my auto skills. I have a 3 inch lift with 285/75/17s. Slight rubbing but i cut that peice of pastic out. If I want to go as high as 305s, would I need a bigger lift or would new shocks raise it enough? Again I hope this isnt a retarded question, thank you for your time.

2. Jul 12, 2011 at 6:24 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Shocks don't provide lift, they just accommodate the lift by dampening the stiffer spring rate. You can't go over 3" total suspension lift on a tacoma without a drop bracket, sas, or spindles.

305's are a 12" wide tire, so with the proper backspaced wheels, and a lot of trimming you might be able to make it work.

3. Jul 12, 2011 at 6:33 AM
    TacoAviator

TacoAviator [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    07 4.0 Taco
    K&N 77 Series Intake, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Borla Cat-Back, URD MAF Unit, Anzio black headlights, FABTECH 3'' Lift Kit, Halo Rims w/ Nitto Terra Grappler 285/75/17, Westin Nerf Bars and Bull Grill, Grille Craft Grille, WetherTech Wind deflectors, Custom Cup Holder
    Tracking and THX. I'm not going to go higher than what I have. I guess instead of bigger, Ill look into a tire with more bite.

4. Jul 12, 2011 at 9:18 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

I like that idea better, you may have trimmed some of the plastic off but to eliminate most/all rubbing you'll have to do the cab mount chop , def. with any tire larger than your 285's.....;)

Products Discussed in

To Top