1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME Coils or Spacers?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by r12rex, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Oct 19, 2008 at 10:04 AM
    r12rex

r12rex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cleared headlights, Black emblems, Painted black valence on front bumper, 2.5" 5100 Billys front, 1.5" AAL rear, Satin black TRD O/F wheels with 265/75 16 Definity M/T, Spidertrax spacers
    Guys,

I've read NUMEROUS and spent hours upon hours researching what I want to set up my GF's 05 Taco.

We basically want a 3" in lift. With the popularity of the Toytec kit, it was only obvious what choice had to be made as to which brand to purchase.

She has an 05 Prerunner AC non-TRD. The truck is a daily driver and will probably see going up to the mountains for some snowboarding this winter...that's as "off-road" the truck will likely see.

With all things considered, we want to be as cost efficient as possible without sacrificing the reliability of the product, etc.

So, I picked up a set of used TRD Billy's from a member on the board for dirt cheap, seriously dirt cheap...later down the road I'll likely get some 5100s or OMEs, but at this time I can't see spending all the extra dough.

Coupled with the TRD Factory Billy's will be the Toytec Spacer kit with AAL or Toytec kit with OME 884 and AAL. Price difference $70.

Trying to be cost effective here, but at the same time I want to do this right...so this is where I'm stuck...

OME Coils or Spacers? Considering the above mentioned...what would be best?

Please do keep in mind that we want a decent ride...regardless I'm sure it will ride much nicer than my fully suspension prepped 06 Subaru STi... :lol: so a little stiff isn't bad, but definitely should not ride like my car...

Oh and the truck will be riding on American Racing Teflon 16x8 with 265/75 General Grabbers or BFG Goodrich A/T KOs

Thanks guys!

Kind Regards,
    Ryan

Products Discussed in

To Top