1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 Regular Cab 4WD Lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by PEPCATCH11, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Sep 16, 2011 at 8:14 AM
    PEPCATCH11

PEPCATCH11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 Regular Cab
    TRD skid plate, Bilstein 5100 struts @ 2.5", Bilstein 5100 shocks, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers, BFG KM2 285/75/16
    I have a new regular cab and am wanting some advice lift options. I have the Bilstein 5100's for the front and rear. My plan was to set the fronts at 2.5" and use a 2" AAL in the rear, being that I do not have the TSB leafs. From my research thus far those options would put the rear much higher than the front. If I understand correctly, a 1.5" AAL would put the truck at about level or a slight rake. I contacted Toytec and their advice was to g with the Eibach springs and use my 5100's set at 1.75" and use a 2" AAL? I will not be off-road much, but would like to find a good quality setup to run 285's at some point. Any photos or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Dan

2. Sep 17, 2011 at 6:46 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Are you sure toytec didn't say to set the shocks at 0.85 with the Eibachs? It's not recommended to set them at anything higher. That would put you at over 3" of lift in the front.

3. Sep 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    If you're not off-roading, I'm going to vary from the herd and suggest that you'll actually have a better ride on the street with your stock regular cab springs, rather than going with the Eibach springs which have a much higher spring rate. V6 access and double cabs come from the factory with higher spring rate springs than the four-banger regular cabs.

The eibachs, being longer, will have more travel.

And being stiffer, will soak up bigger off road hits before bottoming out on the bumpstops.

But they'll transmit more of your garden variety highway expansion joints and road bumps into your seat as well.

My OME 885 springs definitely took some getting used to on my regular cab. If I weren't off-roading, I'm not sure the tradeoff of harsher on-road ride for improved off-road capability would be worth it.

Products Discussed in

To Top