1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Power steering hose/line install question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Tylerm5000, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Sep 20, 2011 at 4:47 PM
    Tylerm5000

Tylerm5000 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 2.7l reg cab 4x4 5-speed red pearl
    Alcan stock height 4-leaf springs, greaseable main eye bolts, OME greaseable shackles, all energy suspension bushings, 2-row extra deep radiator, KYB gas-a-just shocks. ALL LED exterior and interior lighting including custom tail lights and blinkers.
    I am in the process of replacing my rack and I need to know where the o-rings go in the power steering fittings. Do they go between the fitting and the brass compression ring (1) or do they on the line between the fitting and the line (2)? The picture is just an example, not the same line.

toyota_camry_2004_gates_power_steering_pressure_line_hose_assembly_oem_gat_363390_gat363390.jpg

2. Sep 20, 2011 at 5:27 PM
    Tylerm5000

Tylerm5000 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 2.7l reg cab 4x4 5-speed red pearl
    Alcan stock height 4-leaf springs, greaseable main eye bolts, OME greaseable shackles, all energy suspension bushings, 2-row extra deep radiator, KYB gas-a-just shocks. ALL LED exterior and interior lighting including custom tail lights and blinkers.
    Wait a minute. Does it even need O-rings? I just read that there are two types of fittings: O-ring and inverted flare. It looks like mine is inverted flare. I doubt it even needs o-rings at all.

Products Discussed in

To Top