1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Want a firmer ride with a slight lift, shock valving

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by lj973gm, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Sep 26, 2011 at 6:44 AM
    lj973gm

lj973gm [OP] Sold it, dont miss it yet.

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4wd
    I have a 06 DC 4x4 OR , it is a daily driver that was bought to haul material and drive in the snow.

So what I am looking for as my goal is to put on some 265/75/16 once my current revo's are shot, I know they can fit at stock height. I would like to raise the front about a 1" to 1.5" and try and get the TSB or AAL for the rear since it would be nice to haul the advertised capacity with not riding the bump stops.

I would also like for it to be a but firmer for cornering. I will likely put on a TRD sport sway bar since it supposed to be larger and a aftermarket piece for the rear.

So I could for the typical route of

5100 in the front at .85 and pickup some sport springs for the higher spring rate. EDIT, maybe I read wrong as to what OE coil specs are. Anyone know for sure between sport and OR, want the firmer of the two.

5100 set at 0 with Eibach's

or setup and go with

Fox or Icon coilover with any thing I can dream up.

Anyone willing to comment if the handling of their truck improved with the options listed above. I tried searching and most on here are into larger lifts and flex for off roading, not hating on you guys just not much of it in my area :( :( If I lift mine a bunch and put on sliders and other pieces I am just going to be a poser, just keeping in real.

2. Sep 26, 2011 at 7:25 AM
    lj973gm

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4wd
    I have an extended warranty and some leverage see how it goes. My truck is pretty weak about back. If not that is why I stated AAL since as you stated are not standing behind the problem they know of.

The sport springs as you mentioned are not progressive and are 20-30 lbs higher.

I have not had the truck all that long so I am torn to drop a bunch into it or just go cheap.

On a previous vehicle I had some nice coil overs that were height adjustable and 2 way adjustable valving they were really nice, could make it ride like a old cadillac or loosen your teeth fillings. Once I figured the best setting for my taste I never played with them anymore.

3. Sep 26, 2011 at 8:09 AM
    lj973gm

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4wd
    PSU Taco85 Thanks for the insight.

Can you comment on how a stock truck ride (sport/OR) compares to a 5100/eibach setup?

If I have to I will stay at stock height it thats what I need to do in order to keep it to handle better.

Products Discussed in

To Top