1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need opinions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by UpstateTRDTaco, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Oct 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    UpstateTRDTaco

UpstateTRDTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Tx Pro
    mods to come
    Hey everyone, I know it may sound like the usual but...

I have billie5100s up front 2 inch AAL, and stock rear shocks.
    I want to get a smoother ride what should i do? I know anything but stock is gonna be harsh but maybe it can be smoother?

-Eibach or OME coils up front firstly??

Then what rear shocks would work? looking at 500 max for parts, or should i just save up for some nice coilovers like Fox or Icon and the matching rear? PS, i have it set at 2.5 up front, would i gain more like with the new coils and what is the thing on toytecs website. Is the below item any smoother or what? any advice is helpful, i know im still a n00b but im learning i promise so i wont have to ask the silly question anymore.

2. Oct 13, 2011 at 3:42 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    2.5 up front with stock coils is like running a spacer lift. Getting new coils will help smooth it out and will def be pretty decent on/off road. Depends what you want to do with the truck. If you keep it on the street and off road occasionally......camping, fire roads etc, you'll be good with that set up. If however, you want to use the truck for more off road where you will need extra articulation/travel and higher speeds, def save up it will be better in the long run. Also, dont under estimate your needs. As you take the truck out more and more you'll realize you can do a lot of things and will want the better coilovers at some point!

That link you posted is exactly what I have. I really like them and think they handle on/off road conditions great but you will loose down travel with them cranked up. Extended travel is the way to go!

3. Oct 13, 2011 at 6:51 PM
    UpstateTRDTaco

UpstateTRDTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Tx Pro
    mods to come
    thanks sublime, yea im just threw that on for now because i was strapped for cash with the summer job and new truck payments.. but i wanted a higher ride height cause i missed it in my old truck.

I dont off road much, mostly just to get to huntin camp, dirt roads and such, no severe rock crawling, but i want some smoother ride definately, and the better coils will give me the same ride height right? just have to set it at .85?

4. Oct 13, 2011 at 7:21 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    That link was to the adjustable set. So there's basically a heigth adjustable collar at the bottom. they also sell just the springs and with those you would use the shocks set at .85 for 2.5" lift. Send Toytec a message, they've got great customer service and will give you a discount. Good luck brother, you'll like them!

Products Discussed in

To Top