1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3 leaf 1.5" Progressive AAL Brands?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Sandman614, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Oct 26, 2011 at 7:10 AM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 [OP] Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    I know that Wheeler's, All Pro, and Icon make 3 leaf AAL packs. Is there any performance differences between them?

2. Oct 26, 2011 at 7:19 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Not aware of All Pro's but I've heard Wheeler's and Icon's are the same. I've got the Icon and it's a great product!

3. Oct 26, 2011 at 8:49 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Essentially, the same. Icons are built by deaver and wheelers are built by alcan! Good either way. You'll prob want to leave the overload leaf in or look at a whole new pack. My aal with 08 springs are sucking after only a year of "normal" use!

4. Oct 26, 2011 at 8:59 AM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    Just installed a leaf pack with the 3 leaf aal from icon on another members truck and he loves it. Everyone that talks about the Allpro packs complain about the ride being to stiff. As for the overload, you may want to keep it out as you will be very stink bug if you dont have atleast 2.5-3inches of lift up front. He had a 2.5inch lift up front and we left out the overload which leveled him out. If we put the overload in he would have been a 1/2 inch higher in the rear! I would go with the icon 3 leaf aal!:D

5. Oct 26, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    My only prob with the 3 leaf is on an older set of springs its a very temporary fix. I figured I had atleast a couple years with them but that didn't happen. The overload will help eliminate the extra up travel which kills these springs and produces premature sag. Other than that they feel great. There's no difference with ride quality once I added the overload back in just 1/2" higher which I had lost. Now I have a slight rake and it looks a lot better in my opinion. Starting level will end up sagging down the road.

6. Oct 26, 2011 at 10:20 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Here's the rake with Eibach's on the front on 5100's set at 0 (1.6" lift) and Icon 3-leaf AAL with overload left in place on TSB springs (2" lift). Note the shell on the back and there's also another couple hundred lbs in the bed so if you ran this set-up unloaded, Reckless is correct, you'd be really really ass-high unless you had at least 2" up front.
    [​IMG]

It rides great though and having the overload in place keeps it from squatting too far when loaded.

Sublime is also correct, I started with a brand new TSB leaf pack and the AAL/Leaf pack combo hasn't sagged a bit!

7. Oct 26, 2011 at 10:40 AM
    Sandman614

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    I am looking at putting nitrochargers with 886x's up front so being ass high won't be an issue. Also I don't have the overload.
    Hmm well wonder if I can get a new OEM pack off eBay or someone lifting immediately.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  8. Oct 26, 2011 at 4:21 PM
    NC15TRD

NC15TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    PA
    Vehicle:
    16 Sierra SLT All Terrain
    Readylift, Truxedo, Husky Liners, Carven
    Pugga was/is selling a used tsb spring set

9. Oct 26, 2011 at 4:37 PM
    Sandman614

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    I wonder how used... Hmm

Products Discussed in

To Top