Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/)
-   -   Planing on lifting soon, TSB or not? (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/188366-planing-lifting-soon-tsb-not.html)

Gunmetal 11-17-2011 06:25 AM

Planing on lifting soon, TSB or not?
 
I have a 2008 TRD sport 4x4 double cab. I am planning on lifting it in the near future. I have no idea if i have the TSB done on my truck or not.

My question is.. if I'm going to do a 3" lift, would i benefit from making sure i have the TSB first? Or, if I find out i do not have the TSB, would ordering the AAL for a non TSB be just as good?

Basically I'm trying to find out if the hassle of getting the TSB done (if I do not have it already) is worth it..

I hope my question makes sense..:confused:

Pugga 11-17-2011 06:47 AM

Are you still even able to have the TSB completed? It's covered under your 3 yr 36k mile warranty so you might be SOL. The TSB pack does give a little lift on it's own but you can use a non-TSB pack and an AAL. If you do get the TSB leaf pack, an AAL will be much more effective in a brand new leaf pack vs. a 3 year old leaf pack that has already sagged some.

If you plan on getting a 3" lift with a replacement leaf pack like the Dakar or All-Pro Expos, then no need to waste your time with the TSB.

Gunmetal 11-17-2011 12:31 PM

I have 3 leafs counting the overload. Did toyota redesign their 3 leaf pack or did they just move to 4?

Pugga 11-17-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmetal (Post 4048097)
I have 3 leafs counting the overload. Did toyota redesign their 3 leaf pack or did they just move to 4?

The TSB replaces the 3 leaf pack with a 4 leaf pack. Even on the 2012s, they still have the same 3 leaf pack although I think they're putting the 4 leaf pack on certain models from the factory now.

Gunmetal 11-17-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pugga (Post 4046224)
Are you still even able to have the TSB completed? It's covered under your 3 yr 36k mile warranty so you might be SOL.

You are right about me being SOL. I'm at like 50K (guess that answers that!)

I don't know what the right lift for me is.. i really just want to run 285/70/17 with out a problem..

Pugga 11-17-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmetal (Post 4048244)
You are right about me being SOL. I'm at like 50K (guess that answers that!)

I don't know what the right lift for me is.. i really just want to run 285/70/17 with out a problem..

Even with a lift you'll have to do some trimming to clear that size tire.

Gunmetal 11-17-2011 01:29 PM

Thanks for the advice..


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:56 AM.