1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ABS/Traction control systems with lift and bigger tires?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 4OYOTER, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Dec 3, 2011 at 3:33 PM
    4OYOTER

4OYOTER [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Cedar Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    4Runner
    Hey guys,

I have an '09 Tacoma, looking into a 3" lift and 32" or 33" tires. Just curious about any issues with ATRAC/ABS systems with a lift? I previously had a '04 Tacoma with 6" fabtech and 35's. The ABS didn't work because the wheel speed sensor was off. I heard of ways to fix it, but never bothered.

Thanks for any help!

2. Dec 3, 2011 at 4:25 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    VSC is the biggest problem .

3. Dec 18, 2011 at 5:27 PM
    CCFBERG

CCFBERG The Shocker and Me Tall Dark TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    LRAFB Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4x4 SR5 DBL cab
    Kenwood 516 DD head unit, Kenwood 12" sub, Kenwood 1800W amp, Brighter reverse light mod, 2nd Air filter ripped out, Tailgate anti-theft. Fog light anytime. Rearview mirror display in HU mod. JBA shorty headers & Catback. K&N Filter. Smittybilt Nerf Steps. Smittybilt M1 Grille. Pro Comp stage II, 6" Lift. 12V Bed PWR. LED interior lighting
    Got my VSC fixed with an alignment and VSC re-cal. Works great but all the VSC re-cal does is zero out the steering inclination sensor after the alignment. see my post: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/41215-lift-vsc-answer-5.html#post4178113

However, I noticed the last couple days in the weather we are having here and the way I drive....My ABS shoulda kicked in at some time over the last week and it hasnt. So today...wet, icy-ish roads...I mashed the brakes hard several times....nothing but skid! So ....damnit! That means the computer needs to be reflashed for the bigger tires. SUX!!!!!! Then again Im not a fan of ABS either. Hope that answers your question.

4. Dec 18, 2011 at 5:44 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I believe the VSC recalibration also zeros the yaw sensor

Products Discussed in

To Top