1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Better Tie Rod Ends

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by SCM Taco, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Jan 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM
    SCM Taco

SCM Taco [OP] SCM Taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    King Shock Coilovers, Camburg Upper A-Arm, Camburg 4" Spindles, N-Fab Light Bar, Afe Cold Air Intake
    I have a 2008 Tacoma Pre-Runner and i put the camburg upper control arm and 4" lift spindles on, but having trouble with tie rod ends!! Need something a little longer and stronger. Alignment guy says the stock tie rod ends are a little too short and may cause problems! Suggestions would be very helpful

2. Jan 6, 2012 at 8:09 PM
    08PRELB

08PRELB Don't Tread On Me

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner LB
    Toy Tech Ultimate Lift kit,Buildt Right UCA's 285/70/17 BFG AT, Camburg Spindles, BHLM, K&N, Flow Master 50, Spider Trax, URD MAF CAL, Satoshi Grill, any time fog mod, 20% tint, Katzkins Leather Interior, FX-R Projector Retro
    Go to RockAuto.com and check out the Moog tie rod ends. Thats what I went with when I put my spindles on and they are greasable. And welcome to TW!!!

3. Jan 8, 2012 at 8:12 AM
    SCM Taco

SCM Taco [OP] SCM Taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    King Shock Coilovers, Camburg Upper A-Arm, Camburg 4" Spindles, N-Fab Light Bar, Afe Cold Air Intake
    Cool thanks for the help!!

4. Mar 29, 2012 at 10:46 PM
    MountainMan777

MountainMan777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad Prerunner
    I have a 2007 tacoma prerunner and i just put foc coilovers adjusted to 2.5" and Total Chaos UCAs on it and no one has been able to align it, its toed out like crazy and can barely drive it. My alignment guy said I need shorter tie rod ends because the tie rods are adjusted all the way and there is no thread left and its still toed out because of the lift. Anybody know where i can find some? or what else could be causing this problems?

5. Mar 30, 2012 at 9:11 AM
    SCM Taco

SCM Taco [OP] SCM Taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    I ran into the same probelm. You can have it alined to make it drivable by having the camber set all the way forward to align it. thats what i did and ive been driving it like that for 6 months. but i am in the proccess of fixing the problem you actually need a longer set of tie rod ends. The kit i am looking at runs $500. Its from All-Pro Offroad. Couldnt find it on website so posted a link with it.

6. Apr 2, 2012 at 6:06 PM
    MountainMan777

MountainMan777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad Prerunner
    Longer tie rod ends huh? will that allow me to pull the toe in more than i would with the stock ones?

Products Discussed in

To Top