1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need a quick measurement from anyone with total chaos UCA

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by rzimm001, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Jan 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    Criteria:
    2nd gen taco
    TC mid travel uca

I have a sneeking suspicion that there's something strange about my mid-travel total chaos UCA. Will anyone with a 2nd gen tacoma take a meaurement of their chaos uca between the two points illustrated in the picture for me (i.e. center of the uniball and the long control arm bolt)? Thanks in advance!

IMG_3943_c6d8bfd8b3ac6ce12bd123ae4090ba9f1a37ce1e.jpg
    IMG_3941_e7a883cb6893f0fa6d70baf49dd0d9bcc1b74326.jpg

2. Jan 28, 2012 at 5:21 PM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    6 3/4"

Keep in mind we might be at different heights.

3. Jan 28, 2012 at 5:26 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    Thanks Goose.

Dam, I'm really confused then. I have this negative camber issue I've been chasing around. Today Dellosa89 came over and I took a bunch of measurements off of his truck. He has the camburg mid travel set up. Anyhow he doesn't have any alignment issues and the only differences I could find between his setup and mine was the length of the UCA. His UCA was 7-3/8 between the pts shown in my pics.

4. Jan 28, 2012 at 6:01 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    Yes, the adjustments are maxed out.

5. Jan 29, 2012 at 1:38 AM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    The camber is within spec and the caster is about 1-1.5 degrees more than spec. Having the extra caster seems to beat up the steering rack and cause the alignment to go out easier. However, there's no more room for adjustment because all of the adjusters are maxed out to keep the camber within range.

Edit: Next time I get it aligned I will copy and post the alignment sheet. I bought some total chaos shock tower gussets today because I thought the shock towers were bending. After takeing some measurements today it would appear nothing is bent.

6. Jan 29, 2012 at 1:55 AM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 [OP] Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    Sure looks normal to me. I just don't understand what's wrong... I guess I need to park next to another mid travel taco and get out the tape measurer again. Thanks for posting.

Products Discussed in

To Top