Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/)
-   -   Trying to figure out lift and tires; need definitive answers (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/203210-trying-figure-out-lift-tires-need-definitive-answers.html)

IDtrucks 02-08-2012 10:17 AM

Trying to figure out lift and tires; need definitive answers
 
Nevermind, I got my question answered

IDtrucks 02-08-2012 10:17 PM

bump for answers:(

Sublime 02-08-2012 11:58 PM

Do it man, you're not the first to do that combo! That's a pretty basic lift and should fit 33" AT's with trimming. Not sure on 1st gens but you may need wheel spacers to clear the stock wheels and the UCA's??? Did you search?

ColtsTRD 02-09-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sublime (Post 4524026)
Do it man, you're not the first to do that combo! That's a pretty basic lift and should fit 33" AT's with trimming. Not sure on 1st gens but you may need wheel spacers to clear the stock wheels and the UCA's??? Did you search?

this!

IDtrucks 02-09-2012 12:12 AM

dear lord, i deleted the part in the op about me searching. but yes, i looked around, searched and asked many questions and i got a bunch of maybes and it might works. but nobody said "yes i have tried to fit 33s on stock wheels and it rubbed frame at full lock/no it did not rub frame"


edit: just looked at it, with 33s it will be close i believe, im thinking 1/4" wheelers spacers will be enough to give it that little extra bit of breathing room

Sublime 02-09-2012 03:02 AM

Ya, wheel spacers "should" push the tire out enough to clear the frame. Your main issue (at least for 2nd gens) is clearing the UCA! Thats why most guys run a new wheel with 4.5" BS for that reason. Just do it and see! Usually solving one problem leads to another.......but thats part of the fun!

Edit - Actually, are the stock tires 10.5"? If so, you're just getting a taller tire and should be fine! A wider tire will give you the most issue.......trimming plastic is easy!

KPT 02-09-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDtrucks (Post 4524053)
dear lord, i deleted the part in the op about me searching. but yes, i looked around, searched and asked many questions and i got a bunch of maybes and it might works. but nobody said "yes i have tried to fit 33s on stock wheels and it rubbed frame at full lock/no it did not rub frame"

If it's that close where some rub and some don't, it's likely determined by the shape of the side-tread of the tire and how aggressive that is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sublime (Post 4524290)
Your main issue (at least for 2nd gens) is clearing the UCA! Thats why most guys run a new wheel with 4.5" BS for that reason.

The first gens have 4.5" BS from the factory.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:24 PM.