1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tie Rod Help

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 07tacoswb, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Apr 9, 2012 at 1:38 PM
    07tacoswb

07tacoswb [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra CrewMax XSP-X
    Here's my problem. I have a Pro Comp stage two (with the Coilovers) lift and at full lock the tie rod end comes into contact with the coilover spring. I talked to Pro Comp today and was told because I have 3* of caster this would continue. Others on here are running 3*'s so I don't know why I can't. So anyway I have been researching some possible fixes for this. One is the 2000-2004 inner and outer tie rods. I need to measure and see if the length and threading is correct. May or may not work. But i did find these:

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/TREOFF.html

I don't know if these would work but I know an adapter could be made to connect the threading from the gm tie rod with the toyota inner tie rod. I just don't know if the taper would work on the toyota spindles without using some adapters that i found for the gm tie rods by drilling the toyota spindles and inserting the adapter so the GM tie rods would work. Anyone have any input on this?

2. Apr 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM
    07tacoswb

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra CrewMax XSP-X
  3. Apr 14, 2012 at 3:01 PM
    07tacoswb

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra CrewMax XSP-X
    Let me ask this question. Will a GM outer tie rod end fit in our tacoma spindles? I can make something for the different threads to connect to our inner tie rod.

4. Apr 15, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    TMW

TMW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma 4x4 SR5
    Light bar and bumper guard, 3/16 steel skid plates for engine, tranny and transfer box, OME 881 springs with 5100 shocks at mid clip. AAL in rear. Positraction rear diff.
    Maybe it would be easier to change the end stop. I not familiar with the 07 but maybe add a little more metal to keep the rod from contacting the spring. You will lose some full turning ability and if it's not too much try it. Just a thought.

5. Apr 16, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    07tacoswb

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra CrewMax XSP-X
    Well here's the thing. It come into contact before getting close enough for the bump stop to be an option. I just ordered all of the goodies that I needed to give fix a shot. Since no one else chimed in on this I'm going to give it a whirl and see what I run into.

Products Discussed in

To Top