1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another lift question 285/70/R16

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by FrisbieTacoma, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Apr 20, 2012 at 9:44 PM
    FrisbieTacoma

FrisbieTacoma [OP] Active Member

Member:
    MO
    Vehicle:
    Lifted TRD
    Toytec BK0510 lift, 16x8 Mickey Thompson Classic II, 285/75/16 BFG AT, Clarion NX501, Ballistic seat covers, Weathertech floor mats
    Ok I done alot of reading but wanted to see what eveyone thinks.

My Truck - 2011 ACC V6 TRD 4X4

Last week I installed the 5100s in the front (.85 setting), Eibach springs, and .25" drivers side spacer. Installed the 1.5" rear blocks along with the diff drop. The wheels I am running are the Mickey Thompson black Classic IIs (4 7/16" BS) with BFG AT 285/70/R16.

I spoke with a few reps from Toytec and these were the wheels and tires (specs) they said they had tested there installs with. The problem I have is that once everything was done the tires were rubbing. I had to remove the front mudflaps and do some trimming on the fender liners and the fenders,,,,,,,, which I have no problem with. In fact unless you knew to look for it you wouldnt even notice. My concern is that the tires when fully locked one way or the other they are rubbing on cab mount.

What I would like is to have a setup where I do not have to worry about hitting a decent bump when I am into a turn and not have the tires shoved into the cab mount or something else. My question is what is the best cure for this problem? Should I order the top plate spacer kit? Any other suggestions? This coming Sat the 28th I am planning on doing the cab mount chop and plate in the removed material. I have access to a laser so I can have all the fab work done realatively easy. JW what everyones opinion was before I decided to cut and weld on the truck. Or what did eveyone else do when they had this problem and were they happy with the results?

Also opinions of UCAs with this setup? I am running the stock UCAs and everything seems to be alligned good. The allignment shop didnt mention anything and I looks at the reults and everything looked good. Thanks for any help.

2. Apr 20, 2012 at 9:49 PM
    SnowroxKT

SnowroxKT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Anchorage Alaska
    Vehicle:
    '18 T4R & '06 F250
    6" lift 40s
    Cab mount chop considered?

3. Apr 20, 2012 at 10:17 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Theres not much of a decision to make, if you want the rubbing to go away for the most part you need to chop, no way around it

Products Discussed in

To Top