1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What lift fits my need the most? Gen 1.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by sirsaechao, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Jun 11, 2012 at 12:01 PM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    I never imagine I wanted to lift my truck but the time has come and now I need to know what lift kit is best suited for my needs. I have a 02 Tacoma 3.4 ext cab 4X4 with currently SAW 2.0 leveled to the stock rear Toyota leafs and when I added the SAW I replaced the rear shocks with yellow TRD Bilsteins. This was Nov 07 at 42000 miles and now currently my truck has 85000 miles. Originally I wanted to just buy another set of SAW's and just keep swapping them out therefore I won't have any downtime but the rear leafs are shot so I would have to replace those as well. I also have to replace my tires so why not get it lifted now to do it all at once. I don't offroad and this is my daily driver to work/school. I want something that is comfortable on road and maintenance free. I would like a coilover setup just cause I can dial it in to match the rear because I like the leveled look but it doesn't have to be a CO setup. I mean I really want to be able to fit 285's w/o UCA issues cause my wheels are 4.5" backspacing. Therefore I have looked at the ToyTec ULK with LR UCA and rear Dakars that might fit my needs. Not sure if the LR UCA provides enough clearance to fit 285's on 4.5" BS wheels or not. Thanks for the help. As for the SAW's I would get them rebuilt as a backup.

Products Discussed in

To Top