1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Opinions... 1/4" Spacer?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Commie, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Jul 9, 2012 at 5:35 PM
    Commie

Commie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Hanford, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    SCS F-5 Black with BFG AT 265/75/16, 2.0 Radfls's w/ top plate, LR UCAs, TSB springs w/ 5160, rear diff breather, blacked out grill/ emblems/ rear bumper/ lower valance, LED map/ dome/ lic plate lights, switchback DTRLs, anytime fogs, WeatherTech DigitalFit liners
    So I recently got the Toytec Ultimate lift and after install my rear end was still way higher than the front with the AAL and 5160's. So I removed the AAL but left the axle shims in. That brought the back end down but still higher than the front. I cranked up the Radflo's with Eibach's up to give me a full 3" up front. The truck is close to level, however the ride up front is rougher than I want. Im thinking of getting a 1/4" spacer for the front which will give me another 1/2" inch of lift and I can lower the coils so they arent maxed out. Do you guys think this will be an issue and cause the ride to be stiffer? Any other recomendations?

2. Jul 9, 2012 at 7:10 PM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    You have coilovers and want to stack a 1/4" top plate? There is a reason why coilovers aren't meant for 3" lift.

3. Jul 9, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    Commie

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Hanford, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    SCS F-5 Black with BFG AT 265/75/16, 2.0 Radfls's w/ top plate, LR UCAs, TSB springs w/ 5160, rear diff breather, blacked out grill/ emblems/ rear bumper/ lower valance, LED map/ dome/ lic plate lights, switchback DTRLs, anytime fogs, WeatherTech DigitalFit liners
    Im not stacking a 1/4" spacer on top of a coilover set at 3". Ill be lowering the coilover. Just wondering if that will cause any issues with ride quality

4. Jul 11, 2012 at 8:30 PM
    Commie

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Hanford, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    Bump!

5. Jul 12, 2012 at 8:47 PM
    Commie

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Hanford, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    Glad to see im not the only one! I know TW hates spacer lifts, but come on! Where are you getting your spacers from? I havnt ordered any yet

6. Jul 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    I have 5100s set at 1.75, 1/4" top plate spacer, and stock coils for a total of 2.25" of lift. A few others are running the same thing. It's better than maxing out the shock. You're situation is slightly different but for what it's worth, there ya go.

Products Discussed in

To Top