1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

02 Suspension Replacement HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BehindUranus, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Oct 2, 2012 at 8:38 PM
    BehindUranus

BehindUranus [OP] TrippTheGreat

Member:
    First Name:
    Tripp
    Vehicle:
    02' Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Flowmaster Stage II Exhaust with 18'' tip, Gear Alloy Recoil 17x9 rims with Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires, Color matched Leer fiberglass tonneau bed cover, Alpine CDE-121 AV head, 2 10'' Rockford Fosgate P1, Rockford Fosgate P300-2 Amp, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs
    Hey guys and gals,

The dealio [​IMG]

Looking to replace my front struts and rear leaf springs. Currently everything is OE and in semi-bad shape. My leaf springs are flattened out instead of being a smiley-face and getting to be a rainbow shape-----not good----. The front struts are almost to short to clear the 17x9 Gear Recoil rims with Cooper Discoverer AT3 265-65/R17 tires I have. If i turn to tight the tires scrape the inside of the wheel well or if i shift the suspension to much, considering I dont have much currently it makes sense.

Front Struts:
    I have been considering the Rancho Quick-Lift complete front struts for clear the front. I understand they add 1 inch or so to the front to basically level the truck. Can these struts be lifted more, are they good for that or bad? Better suggestions?
    ----------------------------------
    Idea
    http://gorancho.com/suspension.php?m..._toyota_tacoma

Leaf Springs:

My leaf springs are in pretty bad shape like i said above. They are almost to the point of becoming rainbow shaped instead of flat. Need a replacement soon-ish. Ride is horrible. Anyways onto the point. Looking to replace with NEW or find a Lift kit possibly 2-3 inch kit that provides replacement Leaf Springs, not just an AAL. From what i can find from area dealers no company makes a complete kit anymore that includes Front Struts and Aftermarket Leaf Springs. Any ideas?
    -------------------------------

Basically,
    looking to replace the suspension for best suspension for LEAST money possible. Any ideas? Thought? Etc? Lemme know.

Thanks,
    BehindUranus aka Tripp

2. Oct 5, 2012 at 8:16 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
    Why don't you look into OME suspension, cheap and excellent quality.

Products Discussed in

To Top