1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Options for more Clearance

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ItsASalvage, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Nov 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM
    ItsASalvage

ItsASalvage [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King 2.0 Performance Shocks (F&R), Tiregate Spare Carrier, Goodyear MTRs, Skid Plate
    2008 Tacoma Double Cab
    TRD Off Road Package, V6 with new King 2.0's and Goodyear MTRs

I am really enjoying my King 2.0s, but now starting to regret getting them before considering a LT kit. I'm getting some rub whenever I get more than a couple feet in the air and was looking for more clearance. I think the post about LT Kits is perfectly meant for me; not a wrencher or experienced, just wanting to get some air!

I only need a couple more inches, but the guys at my local shop said I can't extend the Kings any further because I don't have enough travel. I don't think I'll consider going LT, but I was wondering if I even can with the 2.0s or if I would need new shocks.

My buddy suggested a body lift, but I know that can be its own ball of wax.. Would you have any recommendations to allow for more air with minimal mods? I use it as a Daily Driver too, so I'm trying to find that balance of a reliable vehicle that I can go smash on the weekends. Should I just man up and get the body lift, or is that not really going to solve my issue?

Appreciate the advice fellas,
    -Steven

2. Nov 11, 2012 at 8:05 AM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
  3. Nov 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    masshole taco

masshole taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Daddy
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Sport
    Fox 2.5 C/O's Fox 2.0 rear shocks Total Chaos UCA Trifecta Tonneau Cover K&N FIPK Sirius Satellite Radio Toyota OEM roof rack Wet Okole Seat Covers Homer Taco Custom Grill w/ M1 Mesh and Toyota Emblem
    get inside the front fenders and cut some of the black protective plastic away.. you won't rub at all..

Products Discussed in

To Top