1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do stock Tacos come with billies?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by NWTacoGuy, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Nov 16, 2012 at 1:32 PM
    NWTacoGuy

NWTacoGuy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Pacific North West
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road DCSB
    Fabtech 6", xd addicts/35x11.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Black badges, Pioneer HU, 11' grille, ect ect ect....
    Just a noob question for you taco guru's out there.....I am curious what the stock shocks and struts are for a 2010 Tacoma. I searched the interwebz and couldn't seem to find a reasonable answer.

I have a Fabtech lift but when I was under the truck yesterday I noticed that the shocks and struts that are on there say Toyota Billstein on them?? I can add pictures if necessary!!

Thanks in advance,
    -James

2. Nov 16, 2012 at 1:36 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Bilsteins , yes , but they aren't 5100's

3. Nov 16, 2012 at 1:39 PM
    NWTacoGuy

NWTacoGuy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Pacific North West
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road DCSB
    Fabtech 6", xd addicts/35x11.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Black badges, Pioneer HU, 11' grille, ect ect ect....
    I just thought they couldn't use the stock shock body, but it looks like the lift is a shock spacer type?? I guess I was under the impression they use new shocks and springs on the front but they definitely look like they are the stock ones.

4. Nov 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM
    Mr. Biscuits

Mr. Biscuits gentleman and a scholar

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    - OME suspension - Custom front/rear tube bumpers - 33x12.5r15 BFG KOs - Deckplate mod + AFE reusable filter - Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, chopped before leaf spring - Toyota Horns emblem by Diaz Fabrication - Pioneer stereo and new speakers + 10" sub - camper shell
    Yes bilstein has a contract with Toyota for their TRD model trucks to ship with bilstein HD shocks. They're yellow....and crap. Bilsteins true performance is with the 5100's and up

5. Nov 19, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    wolftree

wolftree Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Regular cab automatic trans,
    Rear Leaf TSB, Bilstein 5100s, extra leaf added
    The "Toyota Bilsteins" are not Bilstein 4600s. As Mr. Biscuits said, the Toyota Bilsteins are built for Toyota by Bilstein and are trash. They can be bought at a dealer for $32 for the rears. True Bilstein 4600s are around $70 each for the rears.

6. Nov 20, 2012 at 2:48 AM
    Mr. Biscuits

Mr. Biscuits gentleman and a scholar

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    - OME suspension - Custom front/rear tube bumpers - 33x12.5r15 BFG KOs - Deckplate mod + AFE reusable filter - Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, chopped before leaf spring - Toyota Horns emblem by Diaz Fabrication - Pioneer stereo and new speakers + 10" sub - camper shell
    You can use new shocks and springs to get a lift and ditch spacers altogether. Its actually recommended over spacer lifts. But the spacer itself provides the lift so you wouldn't NEED new ones per say.

Products Discussed in

To Top