1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Members top choice for suspension lift 3" or 6"

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by osteopathic, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Jan 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM
    osteopathic

osteopathic [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma sport
    I purchased a gray 2013 Toyota Tacoma sport double cab about a week ago and I have wanted a Tacoma for years. I love how lifted Tacoma's look and I scheduled an appointment for a 3" spacer lift at Les Schwab for this wednesday, but I am going to cancel after reading numerous posts about how a spacer lift is not desireable.

I do not plan to do a lot of off road 4x4 driving now, but I want to do it right the first time with a quality product. I like the look of the 6" inch lift, but I read how the 3" lift is better for performance, a more comfortable ride, and a better off road experience. The salesman said I would have to regear if I went with a 6" lift.

I live near the Seattle area and I also would be interested in what business the members would recommend to install the lift.

Did not want to be the new guy and ask a question probably asked several times, but I am a bit confused with all the different options.

Thanks ahead of time

2. Jan 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    Pretty much any of the high-end coilovers will do you well on the front. King, Icon, Fox, etc. You'll also want some UCAs like Light racing, Total Chaos, etc.
    For the rear, get a leaf pack and some good resivior shocks and call it a day.

Products Discussed in

To Top