1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME Lift Tweaking

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by AllMountainToy, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Jan 14, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    AllMountainToy

AllMountainToy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab 4X4 TRDOR
    2 3/4 OME Suspension Lift with 885, with trim packer, 1/4" top plate spacer, swaybar relo bracket. Dakar leaf pack with 3rd leaf removed. 285/70/17" BFG AT. XD Wheels with 4.5 BS, Best Top Soft Top, Undercover winch mount with Warn 8k winch (with synthetic line), Pioneer touchscreen double din head unit. 4X innovations welded sliders. roof mounted DVD system.ATO dual battery tray with dual yellow tops. Rugged ridge isolator kit.
    I have been reading multiple forums regarding the OME 3" lift (the 2.5" with the .5" toytec spacers) and dakar leaf pack in the rear.

Since I installed it this past weekend, I like the look and stance it gives however there are a few things leading me to think it may be sitting me too high.
    1. I am 24" center hub to bottom of fender (front and back).
    2. UCA is rubbing my coil on Passenger side with droop.
    3. I now have a take off shudder in the rear

I have already ordered the LR UCAs to help with the spacing between UCA and coil. I ordered the CB 1/2" drop (I know this may not do anything but wanted to rule it out).
    I am definitely putting in the new UCA but regardless, I am considering doing the following:

1. Remove 3rd leaf from top on Dakar pack to reduce the amount of lift
    2. Once leaf removed, remove the 1/2" toytec spacer

Any thoughts on my this approach? Anyone running this?

Thank you

2. Jan 14, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Do #2

# 1 is optional if you are concerned about too much rake , but 24" hub to fender in the rear is a bit under what I would have expected you to get on a DC , 24 1/2" is average for DC

Did you install axle shims ?

3. Jan 14, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Give the lift more time to settle. If you can, haul some weight in your bed to speed the process. Also, the take off shudder is something you will have to play with trial and error. Either it be dropping or flipping the CB or putting in axle shims. You may just have to find a happy spot where you can tolerate a certain amount of vibration, or, hopefully, eliminate all vibrations. Good Luck

4. Jan 14, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    Ghost848

Ghost848 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Alberta,Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 TRD OR Silver M6
    OME + Dakers, 285/75R16 Nitto Trail Grapplers, ARB Bumper, Columbia overland Dual battery, Super winch,CC stage 4 clutch, bestop supertop, URD TO bearing, BHLM headlights, Cruisin offroad rear bumper, Harrop front E-locker.
    answer posts from reply one and two... next suggestion is solid drive shaft vs 2 peice thats my next purchase...eventually after...................... the list

5. Jan 14, 2013 at 10:37 PM
    AllMountainToy

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    2 3/4 OME Suspension Lift with 885, with trim packer, 1/4" top plate spacer, swaybar relo bracket. Dakar leaf pack with 3rd leaf removed. 285/70/17" BFG AT. XD Wheels with 4.5 BS, Best Top Soft Top, Undercover winch mount with Warn 8k winch (with synthetic line), Pioneer touchscreen double din head unit. 4X innovations welded sliders. roof mounted DVD system.ATO dual battery tray with dual yellow tops. Rugged ridge isolator kit.
    You are dead on. My rear is 24.5. The other day when you were helping me, the front was 24.5 as well but as of this morning it was 24 even. I do prefer a level stance but realize it is a truck.

6. Jan 14, 2013 at 10:39 PM
    AllMountainToy

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! I need to be patient. Will try multiple things

7. Jan 14, 2013 at 10:39 PM
    AllMountainToy

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    No axle shims. Do you have them? Vibes?

8. Jan 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Yes , I have 3* axle shims , I have a vibe but it was there prior to the lift

Products Discussed in

To Top