Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/)
-   -   Easiest, best, cheapest 2011 DC Prerunner lift (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/259093-easiest-best-cheapest-2011-dc-prerunner-lift.html)

Jdd1091 01-20-2013 11:09 AM

Easiest, best, cheapest 2011 DC Prerunner lift
 
Hey everyone, great info here.

My son is getting his mom's 2011 DC Prerunner.

We want to raise the truck 2"-3".

Street only, a few dirt roads.

What's the best / most affordable way to raise & level the truck?

So many choices it's confusing.

Want to keep the ride the same.

I had the Daystar leveling kit on my last 2 Dodge Rams without any issues.

I have a set of 18"x9" Black Rhino wheels and was looking at getting 275/65/18 tires.

Will this size tire fit ok with a 2" lift? They are +12 backspace.

KPT 01-20-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdd1091 (Post 6306300)
Hey everyone, great info here.

My son is getting his mom's 2011 DC Prerunner.

We want to raise the truck 2"-3".

Street only, a few dirt roads.

What's the best / most affordable way to raise & level the truck?

So many choices it's confusing.

Want to keep the ride the same.

I had the Daystar leveling kit on my last 2 Dodge Rams without any issues.

I have a set of 18"x9" Black Rhino wheels and was looking at getting 275/65/18 tires.

Will this size tire fit ok with a 2" lift? They are +12 backspace.

Bilstein 5100s are your best bet for an inexpensive but still decent lift.

I have 275/65/18s on 18x9s with +10 offset, 5100s at 1.75" lift, and I had to trim to avoid rubbing.

rickmeseke 01-20-2013 12:02 PM

if its only seeing dirt roads and absolutely no major offroad and trails excessive bumps just get a spacer lift.

it will not hurt a street truck. 60 bucks, easy to install, and it gets the job done

KPT 01-20-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickmeseke (Post 6306548)
if its only seeing dirt roads and absolutely no major offroad and trails excessive bumps just get a spacer lift.

it will not hurt a street truck. 60 bucks, easy to install, and it gets the job done

The 5100s I mentioned above are only $180, will offer a better ride than spacers, and will not have any risk of damaging the ball joints or bottoming out the shocks.

Jdd1091 01-20-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickmeseke (Post 6306548)
if its only seeing dirt roads and absolutely no major offroad and trails excessive bumps just get a spacer lift.

no off roading but the streets in Louisiana SUCK.

The Bilsteins are $180 but can I install them myself?

KPT 01-20-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdd1091 (Post 6306591)
no off roading but the streets in Louisiana SUCK.

The Bilsteins are $180 but can I install them myself?

If you are comfortable using a spring compressor. Otherwise you can bring the assembly to a shop and they can disassemble and reassemble the coilover assembly for a small fee.

If you want to see what 275/65/18s with the 5100s at 1.75" of lift look like, click on my signature.

4Wheelin4Banger 01-20-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdd1091 (Post 6306591)
no off roading but the streets in Louisiana SUCK.

The Bilsteins are $180 but can I install them myself?

Yes you can & there is even a thread or two on how to do it without a spring compressor.

Jdd1091 01-21-2013 12:56 PM

How about something like this

http://www.readylift.com/c-83-toyota...unner-225.aspx


or this

http://www.daystarweb.com/productdet...?productID=550

KPT 01-21-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdd1091 (Post 6312000)

Those are both spacer lifts.

\/\/\/

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPT (Post 6306552)
The 5100s I mentioned above are only $180, will offer a better ride than spacers, and will not have any risk of damaging the ball joints or bottoming out the shocks.


Jdd1091 01-22-2013 05:23 PM

So this would be the way to go?

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Or this

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

With the just the rear add a leaf?

KPT 01-22-2013 06:37 PM

Yep both of those are good options. The first one will ride smoother.

Jdd1091 03-28-2013 07:12 PM

Well I did it.

Daystar 2 1/2" lift
Black Rhino 18x9 - 0 offset
Cooper Discovery At 275x65x18

ZERO rubbing

Sje1124 03-28-2013 07:21 PM

Where are you located at in Louisiana?

Jdd1091 03-28-2013 07:28 PM

Mandeville

Monster Coma 03-28-2013 07:28 PM

Lol total opposite of what Keith told you

Jdd1091 03-28-2013 07:31 PM

His way may have been better but mine was cheaper.

The kit was $115.

My son and I installed it in about 2 hours.

Can't tell the difference in ride.

KPT 03-29-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdd1091 (Post 6662358)
His way may have been better but mine was cheaper.

The kit was $115.

My son and I installed it in about 2 hours.

Can't tell the difference in ride.

You won't be able to tell the difference in ride with a top plate spacer. I wouldn't take that thing off the road, or over any speed bumps quickly though.

Jdd1091 04-01-2013 01:12 PM

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...MG_0586_1_.jpg

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...MG_0594_1_.jpg
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...MG_0596_1_.jpg
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...MG_0592_1_.jpg


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:06 PM.