1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

off road suspension upgrade help

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by digi, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Jan 27, 2013 at 6:55 AM
    digi

digi [OP] Member

Member:
    Okay guys, I have been reading about suspension upgrades until my eyes are bleeding. There is alot of great info on here and I have learned a great deal. So thanks for that.

A suspension upgrade is an expensive item so I'm going to post to ask for help with my specific needs.

My new truck is a 2013 AC sr5 4wd. I have already replaced the stock slippers with toyo MT's 265/75/16.

The truck is not a daily driver. This is my new hunting/towing/hauling rig. I do hunt out of state though so there will be some extended highway riding.

I mainly off road trails, woods etc.. No desert racing (Im in north carolina).

Not really concerned about the look of the truck, this is a performance issue for me. I plan to put some armor on this truck to help protect it. Right now I am planning a front receiver for a removable winch but would like to keep my front bumper options open.

I am willing to spend on a quality setup that is durable.

Thanks for any opinions.

2. Jan 27, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    You could go mid travel if you want to spend some coin, but I would recommend OME. Access cab I would say 885 coils and an aal would get you by. Or a set of dakars or back, probably with the overload removed would fit your bill. Enjoy, and post pics of your truck!

3. Jan 27, 2013 at 7:07 AM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    ^like he said Old Man Emu is a good option. It is a durable and for about $1150 you can replace your whole suspension (new upper control arms are recomended ~ $400 more) Increase load carrying with dakar leaf springs, the front end will be a littlw stiffer and it will handle some added weight and OME wont break the bank. One thing you didnt mention is how much lift you want or if you want any at all? OME is typically a 2.5-3" lift.

4. Jan 27, 2013 at 7:10 AM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Sponsored by Mom and Dad
    OME is a great lift kit but if you are strictly looking for performance and are willing to spend the money look into ICON KING and FOX mid travel kits. They are primarily performance suspension systems and you can still get 2" of lift out of it.

Products Discussed in

To Top