1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Using existing Fox suspension with Fabtech 6"?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by WhyNotFab, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Jan 27, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    WhyNotFab

WhyNotFab [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD Off Road
    Since I already have Fox suspension front and rear for a 3" lift, if I get the Fabtech 6" kit, can I just set the front Fox coilovers to 0 lift so they're basically like factory height and work with Fabtech's spacer?

Then for the rear, I guess I would ditch my existing 3" AAL, use Fabtechs rear lift, and since my rear Fox shocks may not extend enough, could I weld new shock tabs to the rear of the axle rather than hanging below it, since that would bring the points up a few inches where it would compensate for adding 3" to the current height?

Figured since I have the materials & skills to weld new tabs, that would make more sense than buying new longer Fox rear shocks.. Let me know!

2. Mar 20, 2013 at 6:38 PM
    WhyNotFab

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD Off Road
    Someone has to have an idea! Lol almost ready to get started on this, in theory it seems like it will work but more input would be great

3. Mar 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    AaronArf

AaronArf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    VA Beach
    Vehicle:
    2023 LR OR DCSB
    Fabtechs rear lift uses a AAL as well.

I suggest digging through the 6" lift thread, I know I've seen this question before. In theory the front will work. I'm afraid with the rears you are going through an awful lot of trouble rewelding shock tabs etc. Sacraficing shock travel to just keep "Fox shocks" I'd just rock the included rear shocks, and sell the Fox's if they don't work out and replace them when you can afford it.

4. Mar 21, 2013 at 9:20 AM
    WhyNotFab

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD Off Road
    If the travel and all would be fine with the tabs rewelded higher then I may still do that since a little welding is no problem at all, may use the Fabtechs just for a few days till I can drive to a buddies shop, but I'm glad someone replied haha needed a little reassurance since I really want to order the kit soon! Was also wondering if I could use a 4" block instead of the 3" and crank my coilovers to match, for closer to a 7" lift? Thanks man!

Products Discussed in

To Top