1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OPINIONS: Suspension setups I am debating between..

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by KJaikaran, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Feb 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    KJaikaran

KJaikaran [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport
    URD intake/maf calibrator, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon UCA, OME Dakar leaf packs, Bilstein extended rear shocks, 3 degree axle shims, Carrier bearing drop bracket, DS2 retro, 5k HID bulds top and bottom
    Currently have a setup, but looking to switch some things up for a better ride on and off road (mostly on rd.), and to have an overall clean looking lift nothing crazy.

I purchased some new suspension components and now i am starting to second guess my choice. I haven't installed it yet, but I have spent a lot of time looking through pictures of similar setups (just going off pics from what i have seen).

What I don't want is for the truck to be too high and give it one of those looks. The best way I can really describe what i mean by "looks" without offending anyone is when i see trucks that are lifted to the point that it just looks ridiculous as if they are just interested in seeing how high they can go and not worried about how stupid it looks in my opinion, and you sit there wondering how they get into it (well at least I do). Haven't really seen any Taco's like this, but just saying.

2011 DCSB TRD Sport 2wd.

1. Current setup: Approx 2.5" lift. Gives it a clean look, but looking for better ride, and a little more out of the lift.
    Front:
    -Bilstein 5100 set at .85 with Eibach springs. (rides rough)
    Rear:
    -Bilstein 5100 with 1.5 aal.

2. Just purchased setup (not installed yet): Approx 4-4.5" lift. Initially, at first I thought this setup looked awesome. Out of all my friends I am the only one with a truck lifted and after getting some opinions with this set up from them after purchasing i am a little worried about it being too high. Just going off of pictures i have seen and would like some opinions on what you guys think as far as height of this lift. Looks clean, too high, etc ?
    Front:
    -Icon 2.5 extended travel coilovers (would set coils for taco lean and leveled look with rear setup)
    -Icon UCA
    -Maxtrac spindles
    Rear:
    -Bilstein RCD extended shocks from DSM almost 11" travel from what they told me.
    -All-pro Expo leaf pack. 4" of lift without any weight in bed.

3. Change out front and rear, but stay around current height. Approx 2.5-3" lift.
    Front:
    -Icon 2.5 extended coilovers
    -Icon UCA
    Rear:
    -New leaf pack with 1.5 lift not sure which one i would go with.
    - Bilstein 5100

I know its my decision and everyone has a different taste in what they like or don't like, so i am just looking for some OPINIONS. Thanks.

2. Feb 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    First off, piss on what your friends think, & if you're the lone soldier of your circle that has a lift what they think is of little importance, they probably live in the lowered world I suspect, it only matters what YOU think , its your truck after all, thats all I got for ya & thats my opinion.....:cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top