Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/)
-   -   Current sale on Light Racing UCAs at Sierra Expeditions ($363/pr) (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/271187-current-sale-light-racing-ucas-sierra-expeditions-363-pr.html)

wrecklessfool 04-01-2013 09:26 PM

Current sale on Light Racing UCAs at Sierra Expeditions ($363/pr)

Wanted to give everyone a heads up that Sierra Expeditions is having an awesome sale on LR UCAs right now. Have no idea how long the sale will last, but they're at least $40 less than the best prices I could dig up at the "well-known" places all us TW members frequent. Here is a link to the page:

http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ind..._detail&p=2129

Just placed my order last night. Shipping was $22 to get to me in Virginia. I think they're based out of Arizona so I got a set for $385 to my door. Not bad!! I hope this helps someone out:D

DeSean Thick 04-03-2013 08:26 PM

you just saved me 100 bucks, and probably more when it comes to not unevenly wearing out my next pair of tires! Thanks fool!!

evanmb31 04-03-2013 08:31 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble but headstrong offroad sells them for 375.99 shipped, just thought i should post for anyone else looking for the cheapest price on these, although sierra could be cheaper if you live next door to them :cool:

wrecklessfool 04-03-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeSean Thick (Post 6691033)
you just saved me 100 bucks, and probably more when it comes to not unevenly wearing out my next pair of tires! Thanks fool!!

No worries man. Glad it helped someone. Mine are due to arrive on Friday--same day as my OME lift as luck would have it. Looks like I have my Sunday planned out for me. Just got my new tires and wheels set up this afternoon in preparation.

wrecklessfool 04-03-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evanmb31 (Post 6691058)
Sorry to burst your bubble but headstrong offroad sells them for 375.99 shipped, just thought i should post for anyone else looking for the cheapest price on these, although sierra could be cheaper if you live next door to them :cool:

Looks like you're right. I just checked it out. Put in my zip code and it came up as FREE shipping. Guess I could have saved $9. Who knows what method of shipping they use though. Could be USPS Parcel Post and take 7-10 days for delivery? I ordered mine Monday and I'll have them Friday via UPS. No regrets on my purchase.

evanmb31 04-03-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecklessfool (Post 6691079)
Looks like you're right. I just checked it out. Put in my zip code and it came up as FREE shipping. Guess I could have saved $9. Who knows what method of shipping they use though. Could be USPS Parcel Post and take 7-10 days for delivery? I ordered mine Monday and I'll have them Friday via UPS. No regrets on my purchase.

I think they sent mine thru fedex. Either way your getting them quick and its only $9 difference.

evanmb31 04-03-2013 08:40 PM

Good luck on the lift install! Good call on installig LR UCAs with the lift. Have fun with those UCA bolts haha, and careful with the brake and data lines when you seperate the UCA ball joint from the spindle, have zipties ready to go to secure the spindle so you sont stretch anything to much

DeSean Thick 04-03-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

hey if this thread turns in to a directory to the lowest prices for components well then it's done its job! i'm happy since i was literally about to buy the same thing for a lot more. Thanks both of you for your suggestions!

evanmb31 04-03-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeSean Thick (Post 6691111)
hey if this thread turns in to a directory to the lowest prices for components well then it's done its job! i'm happy since i was literally about to buy the same thing for a lot more. Thanks both of you for your suggestions!

Haha alright, best price i have found on OME is down south motorsports, awesome guys to deal with. $1149 for the full OME kit, tell them your from tacomaworld and they will wave the handling fee for dakars, so its $1149 shipped to the lower 48

wrecklessfool 04-03-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evanmb31 (Post 6691100)
Good luck on the lift install! Good call on installig LR UCAs with the lift. Have fun with those UCA bolts haha, and careful with the brake and data lines when you seperate the UCA ball joint from the spindle, have zipties ready to go to secure the spindle so you sont stretch anything to much

I decided to drop $30 (shipped) for two new UCA bolts and nuts...those suckers are getting CUT out of there with my angle grinder! A small price to pay for what I kept reading was a major PITA.

wrecklessfool 04-03-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evanmb31 (Post 6691131)
Haha alright, best price i have found on OME is down south motorsports, awesome guys to deal with. $1149 for the full OME kit, tell them your from tacomaworld and they will wave the handling fee for dakars, so its $1149 shipped to the lower 48

I paid $1525 shipped for mine through Toytec. That included the full OME kit with rear Dakars (with new bushings and U-bolts), extended stainless rear brake lines, 1/4" top plate spacers, trim packer, new front coilover bushing and washer kit, coilover assembly with new top hats, carrier bearing drop, 3 degree rear axle shim, front diff drop. Probably could have save a bit through DSM, but I have heard nothing but good things about Toytec on this site.

evanmb31 04-03-2013 09:02 PM

Ya Toytec is awesome also, DSM doesnt assemble the coilovers, an they dont supply the bushings for dakars, toytec does i think. I also cut the UCA bolts, saved alot of time. You will still have to mess with the drivers side bolt a little. If you have a sawzall grab a nice thin kerf metal blade, it will cut through the bolt alot quicker than a grinder, and it wont throw a bunch of sparks everywhere. And dont install the diff drop. Drive it first and determine if or where you have vibrations. I would even wait to install the CB drop and mayybbee even the axle shims, just so you can get a baseline test for vibes, and then install the drop or shims to see what helps.

wrecklessfool 04-03-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evanmb31 (Post 6691230)
Ya Toytec is awesome also, DSM doesnt assemble the coilovers, an they dont supply the bushings for dakars, toytec does i think. I also cut the UCA bolts, saved alot of time. You will still have to mess with the drivers side bolt a little. If you have a sawzall grab a nice thin kerf metal blade, it will cut through the bolt alot quicker than a grinder, and it wont throw a bunch of sparks everywhere.

Now that you mention it, I actually do have a sawzall with fine toothed metal blades. Thanks for the reminder. Anything else I should know going in?

evanmb31 04-03-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecklessfool (Post 6691247)
Now that you mention it, I actually do have a sawzall with fine toothed metal blades. Thanks for the reminder. Anything else I should know going in?

Edited my post and added a few things, those are kind of my opinion though. The guys in this thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ctures-56.html
Might have some good pointers, especially when it comes to solving driveline vibrations.

wrecklessfool 04-03-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evanmb31 (Post 6691230)
Ya Toytec is awesome also, DSM doesnt assemble the coilovers, an they dont supply the bushings for dakars, toytec does i think. I also cut the UCA bolts, saved alot of time. You will still have to mess with the drivers side bolt a little. If you have a sawzall grab a nice thin kerf metal blade, it will cut through the bolt alot quicker than a grinder, and it wont throw a bunch of sparks everywhere. And dont install the diff drop. Drive it first and determine if or where you have vibrations. I would even wait to install the CB drop and mayybbee even the axle shims, just so you can get a baseline test for vibes, and then install the drop or shims to see what helps.

'Twas my plan all along. Install everything, test drive for vibes, then have all parts on hand to combat vibes if needed. Whatever I don't end up using will be sold on the forum to someone in the same boat as me who wants to have everything they need to deal with the issue, should it arise after lift install. The one thing I didn't get, but think maybe I should have, was the swaybar relocate. Some say they need it, some don't. I'll have to wait and see and then pull the trigger if I need it later.

DeSean Thick 04-03-2013 09:45 PM

since we're on the topic, there's a 5% code for toytec that works as of now... 82099 in checkout. I don't know if there is a maximum limit you can use it on, but i got two pairs of spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers for $189.99... BEFORE $16 sales tax and $26 s&h :facepalm:

EDIT: STILL good people over at toytec though

evanmb31 04-04-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecklessfool (Post 6691337)
'Twas my plan all along. Install everything, test drive for vibes, then have all parts on hand to combat vibes if needed. Whatever I don't end up using will be sold on the forum to someone in the same boat as me who wants to have everything they need to deal with the issue, should it arise after lift install. The one thing I didn't get, but think maybe I should have, was the swaybar relocate. Some say they need it, some don't. I'll have to wait and see and then pull the trigger if I need it later.

Sounds like you've done your research :thumbsup:

Mr Salty 04-04-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

HS uses USPS flat rate shipping, delivery take 2-3 days. So you could have had them and paid less. No biggy though, $9 isn't much at all.

DeSean Thick 04-05-2013 01:23 PM

i ordered the LR ucas on the night of April 3rd and I got them this morning on the 5th, that's one day shipping in my book! That was also after talking yesterday to Will at Sierra Expeditions because i needed a different address besides my PO box. Great customer service experience and the stuff came in the next day... I'm blown away! i cant even install the ucas because i wasn't expecting them this early

Slimwood Shady 04-10-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecklessfool (Post 6691205)
I paid $1525 shipped for mine through Toytec. That included the full OME kit with rear Dakars (with new bushings and U-bolts), extended stainless rear brake lines, 1/4" top plate spacers, trim packer, new front coilover bushing and washer kit, coilover assembly with new top hats, carrier bearing drop, 3 degree rear axle shim, front diff drop. Probably could have save a bit through DSM, but I have heard nothing but good things about Toytec on this site.

I wouldn't do a front diff drop...do the CV boot mod