Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/)
-   -   SOCAL: Where to get shocks filled with nitrogen (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/271732-socal-where-get-shocks-filled-nitrogen.html)

xyourlocaldjx 04-04-2013 05:46 PM

SOCAL: Where to get shocks filled with nitrogen

I'm located in Torrance and although 4wheel parts is right around the corner, I'd rather not bend over and get rammed up the butt by them. My father used to do business with them and well... He's got nothing good to say about them either.

so I reach out to my local socalians. Where do y'all get your shocks filled with nitrogen? Visited my pops earlier today and he had the bright idea of using a digital tire gauge to check my shocks pressure. :confused: one was at 84 and the other was at 63. I doubt the gauge even goes past 100.

Boone Taco 04-04-2013 05:55 PM

Coming from the other side of the country, I fill my sway-a-way's with a refillable tank from my local welding shop. 40 lb Tank, hose,regulator, and nozzle ran me about $130.00 a couple years ago. Steep initial investment when you compare it to some alternatives, but then you've always got your own nitrogen when you need it. Works for me and 4WP doesn't get to ram it in.

paranoid56 04-04-2013 09:38 PM

where in socal?

VolcomTacoma2011 04-04-2013 09:41 PM

Hit up Speed Freak, Jason does refills I'm pretty dite

SoCalTacos 04-04-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boone Taco (Post 6696266)
Coming from the other side of the country, I fill my sway-a-way's with a refillable tank from my local welding shop. 40 lb Tank, hose,regulator, and nozzle ran me about $130.00 a couple years ago. Steep initial investment when you compare it to some alternatives, but then you've always got your own nitrogen when you need it. Works for me and 4WP doesn't get to ram it in.

They'll find a way to ram it in...they always do.

VolcomTacoma2011 04-04-2013 10:03 PM

I went to 4WP once to get my 5100s installed waaaay back in the day. I was told a week and a half out for install, and about 500$ for install.

I could see the techs in the back just sittin around shootin the shit. Needless to say I've never been back

xyourlocaldjx 04-05-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paranoid56 (Post 6697476)
where in socal?

My post lists Torrance. Lol

I would buy a setup to refill, but to be honest it would be a waste of money for now. I have paintball tanks and scuba tanks but not sure if its worth buying all the gauges etc. I've bought enough random stuff as is Haha
My paintball tanks need rehydro and my scuba tanks aren't setup for. Nitrogen fill unless I can use a regular scuba tank

I'll hit up speed freak hopefully he is not in San diego

VolcomTacoma2011 04-05-2013 07:45 AM

He's in North county San Diego

xyourlocaldjx 04-05-2013 02:12 PM

ah, too far! I'm near LAX.

DDD 04-05-2013 02:15 PM

I can do it for free. My regulator goes up to 200 psi. What type of shocks? do they fill with a regular tire chuck or require a needle?

You would have to come to the valley.

Manwithoutaplan 04-05-2013 02:16 PM

Ask Anthony who is the SGV area.

xyourlocaldjx 04-05-2013 04:45 PM

DDD they are sway aways with a Schrader valve. Basic tire fill. I leave for Kansas city this Tuesday so might have to do it when I get back. Unless I my date doesn't flake tomorrow I might be able to swing by. She lives in north ridge. Not sure how much further Santa Clarita would be.

Is Anthony anthony250f or a guy with a swb taco?

No one has nitro here and if they do they won't touch it because of liability saying it will explode. Marvin Chevy has it, but after 10mins of talking he decided he won't do it. King shocks. Need them off the vehicle.

toytac05 04-07-2013 01:43 AM

i'm in gardena and 4wp just off the 405 filled my bumps for 5 dollars each.

xyourlocaldjx 04-07-2013 02:43 PM

D-rock, thanks for the fill! Rides much better now.

Toy tac. You got a hook up there or something? King shocks doesn't even charge that low and they need to be off the vehicle.

Wildlandtaco 04-07-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xyourlocaldjx (Post 6701158)
DDD they are sway aways with a Schrader valve. Basic tire fill. I leave for Kansas city this Tuesday so might have to do it when I get back. Unless I my date doesn't flake tomorrow I might be able to swing by. She lives in north ridge. Not sure how much further Santa Clarita would be.

Is Anthony anthony250f or a guy with a swb taco?

No one has nitro here and if they do they won't touch it because of liability saying it will explode. Marvin Chevy has it, but after 10mins of talking he decided he won't do it. King shocks. Need them off the vehicle.

It's just Anthony250