1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help me make my suspension right.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by SeNate, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Apr 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM
    SeNate

SeNate [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 TRD 4x4 6spd
    Satoshi Grill (HomerTaco), Ambiguous' headlights, refinished my frame with POR-15 after half a week of prep and rust removal
    I'm still reading the stickies, but it is all a little overwhelming. My previous thread, I posted some pictures of my lift, trying to figure out what it was. I have a 3" spacer lift, and the back is add a leaf. Not only did you guys tell me to go for Billstein 5100's, but a friend of mine took a look at it and said the same exact thing.

I really want to keep the 3" lift, and if I am reading this correctly, the Billstein 5100's adjust up to 2.5". My question now is with Billstein 5100's all around, is there anything else I should look at? From what I've been reading OME's 885x would be a good way to go (which would also help me to hit 3" mark?). I also have the money to just invest in a pair of leaf springs for the rear.

What about control arms?

I'm new to this, I just don't want to do something wrong. I am also going to have to research how to get this massive surface rust off. Salt lake city is horrible in the winter. I do take it off road sometimes, so this isn't only a ride comfort thing.

I really appreciate all the help. I will continue reading all of these stickies, I just don't know where to start.

Edit: Would a coilover kit be the best option?

20130402_135008.jpg
    20130402_135144.jpg
    20130402_151337.jpg
    20130402_151156.jpg

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  2. Apr 5, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    TherealScuba

TherealScuba Sober Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    99 Single Cab 4x4
    The front 5100's are a great option for a low cost lift.
    They'll offer a nice ride, but will still have characteristics of a preloaded coil spring, just FYI. For the rear, check out our 3" lift spring and full kits, they come with everything you'll need to complete the lift and get rid of those ugly AAL's Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you.

-Stephen

3. Apr 5, 2013 at 4:06 PM
    steezinstangl

steezinstangl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Elk Grove, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 FJ Cruiser
    OME 885 coils, bilstein 5100's set to 0, light racing upper control arms, and keep the aal, just my opinion, you'll be dead level.

Products Discussed in

To Top