1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

decided on new lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by foxracinfor20, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Feb 17, 2009 at 6:07 PM
    foxracinfor20

foxracinfor20 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    doug
    easton md
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner lifted
    sway away 2.5 coilovers sway away race runner rear shocks pioneer avic d3 2 7 in monitors in headrest dvd memphis 10" sub memphis amp trd intake urd catback with magnaflow procomp wheels 33/12.50/17 angel eye projector halo headlights altezza tailights with led bulbs big blue balls hanging total chaos ucas cover king neoprene seat covers 7 led projector foglight
    i think i decided on buying the fox racing 2.0s from allpro but still undecided on the uca id love to get the tc's but the allpro is alot cheaper and they swear they are new and improved i dont do alot of offroading since there are not many places to with out driving a good distance fyi im running a spacer lift so i am guessing any change i do will be better than what i have i already have a aal in the back but i am eventually gonna change the rear shocks to a fox racing shock. i will be doing a little at a time since i have a few different thing i am doing at same time like wet okle seat covers and urd cold air and tires still waiting on a price from a hook up on coopers

2. Feb 17, 2009 at 6:12 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    damn... based on your driving habits, I'd just go with the OME coils and shocks... it's a good setup. :D

3. Feb 17, 2009 at 6:12 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    what I'm saying is that you're gonna drop a lot of coin on the Foxes...

4. Feb 17, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    foxracinfor20

Member:
    First Name:
    doug
    easton md
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner lifted
    sway away 2.5 coilovers sway away race runner rear shocks pioneer avic d3 2 7 in monitors in headrest dvd memphis 10" sub memphis amp trd intake urd catback with magnaflow procomp wheels 33/12.50/17 angel eye projector halo headlights altezza tailights with led bulbs big blue balls hanging total chaos ucas cover king neoprene seat covers 7 led projector foglight
    i do not like blistiens at all i went through 3 sets on my 98 and hear tons of noises coming fomrm the front when i turn the wheel and the replacement coils i ve seen are around 800 the fox 2.0s are 1000 and have a few different setting with a dial form what i have researched not dropping the change for the 2.5 1300 and i have always had luck with fox stuff so i trust the name so i am willing to spend the exttra for the piece of mind plus they look good so helps withthe few car shows i do actually go to but may be missing a few cuz of the random shopping carts that have been destroying my truck

5. Feb 17, 2009 at 10:56 PM
    Cramer@Down-South

Cramer@Down-South Cramerism

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Black '08 Tacoma PreRunner Lifted Beautifully
    Lifted with Fox 2.5 Black & Chrome coil-overs, rear has Fox 2.0 Black & Chrome piggyback shocks, KMC 17" wheels wrapped with 285/75/17 BFG All Terrains, Total Chaos upper control arm, Alpine DVD doubledeck, and Volant cold air intake.
    I am glad to see that there are still people willing to pay a little more for a much better product. I have the fox 2.5 coils with the TC UCA on my truck and worked at Fox for about 8 years. The Allpro kit that has the 2.0 shock with the C/D adjuster is definitely a nice looking and working kit. Having the coil-over and the 8 way compression adjuster knob is so cool because now this one shock has a whole lot of adjustment to dial in exactly how YOU like it. To fit you're driving needs.

6. Feb 18, 2009 at 5:08 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    fox racer,go for it.i got the fox 2.0 with the light racing uca and just cant say enough about the set up.like downsouth said having the 8 adj for your ride it fabulous.on setting 1 it rides like a caddy and on 8 it sorta like ............an old school f250 ride.anyways u will not regret buying foxs.i got a hellofadeal on mine from all pro.they were slightly used off there "show fj" and came with all new hardware and warr.price$$$$$$ 1/2 of new and riden SWEET.later and good luck.gota love a bargain.

7. Feb 19, 2009 at 3:28 PM
    Cramer@Down-South

Cramer@Down-South Cramerism

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Black '08 Tacoma PreRunner Lifted Beautifully
    Lifted with Fox 2.5 Black & Chrome coil-overs, rear has Fox 2.0 Black & Chrome piggyback shocks, KMC 17" wheels wrapped with 285/75/17 BFG All Terrains, Total Chaos upper control arm, Alpine DVD doubledeck, and Volant cold air intake.
    If you are interested in getting a hooked up lift kit. PM me I am with Downsouth Motorsports and I can get you a great deal.

8. Feb 23, 2009 at 4:51 PM
    foxracinfor20

Member:
    First Name:
    doug
    easton md
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner lifted
    well everything went out the window after i called and got a price for tc ucas. found them for $535. and got the full swayaway 2.5 kit (front 2.5 and rear 2.0) for $1295 i even got a free hoodie thrown in for free. i called north ridge toyota and ordered it all should have it all by next week its not the kit that i wanted but saved me a lot of money as soon as i get to install it all i will post up pics if any one in the area wants to help me install let me know

9. Feb 23, 2009 at 4:59 PM
    andyr

andyr Assistant To The Regional Manager

Member:
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB SUPER WHITE OFF ROAD
    Hey man i know you got a good deal but is a free hoodie worth it. I would wait and get something i want and not settle for less. I dont know anything bout swayaway... And i have only heard awesome things about the fox setup. Good luck

10. Feb 23, 2009 at 5:09 PM
    foxracinfor20

Member:
    First Name:
    doug
    easton md
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner lifted
    sawaway makes camburg its a good brand and if i dont like it ill change out to a long travel set up next year and some fiberglass fenders since it will be paid off but i did save alot ove money as the fox 2.5 are 1399 by them self and i needed to but some other things to so money turned out to be a big factor this time

Products Discussed in

To Top