1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 5100 with Under Cover Winch

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Frogsauce, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Jun 19, 2013 at 6:25 AM
    Frogsauce

Frogsauce [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesapeake Bay
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD Offroad
    I have read a lot of threads on suspension upgrades, and decided I do not want to go over 2.5" of lift. I am also more confused than when I started reading.

I am going to add a winch at some point, and an extra battery. But that's all the additional weight. It's a light weight winch mount too:
    http://undercoverhwms.com/wp/3

Will the Bilstein 5100's with an AAL in the rear be suitable for this? I read that other people with winches on the front have a bad ride with 5100s.

Is there a full replacement OME lift that will not take me over 2.5" of lift that would be better?

2. Jun 19, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    zacharypaul89

zacharypaul89 Eat right, be fit, die anyway

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quicksand Trd Offroad
    I've got the 5100's and Eibach's and am getting the All-Pro front bumper in a few months and am wondering the same thing.

3. Jun 19, 2013 at 7:17 AM
    mightytacoman

mightytacoman Mighty-known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kel
    Vehicle:
    4.5L 1grfe
    Brian Crower stroker kit, Carrillo pistons moly/ceramic coated, BC sportsman rods, arp s2000 head bolts, Darton M.I.D sleeves, Kelford race cams, Magnusson supercharger, hp tuner tuned, 650cc flow matched fuel injectors, CSF radiator, Walbro 255 fuel pump. pulleyboys quick change pulley with 2.3", fpr mod, NST crank, water and alternator pullies, 160° mishimoto thermostat. Puma On-board air, Radflo CDC ext coilovers with 14" 700# springs, extended length rear Radflo shocks with CDC, Dakar leak pack, Brute Force Fab front bumper galvanized and powder coated, DTRL mod, yellow fogs, fog anytime mod, relocated rear differential breather, synthetic fluids, custom airbox, tundra sized intake. 76mm throttle body, secondary air filter removed, Airflow snorkel, 4x innovation sliders powder coated, URD equal length headers, DT y-pipe, Aero-Turbine 2525xl exhaust dumped over axle, seat belt chime disabled, Warn 8000i winch, 1- 20" slim light bar in grill, 42" curved roof light both with custom brackets. Mesh grill, Brute Force Fab rear bumper with extra reverse lights, u bolt flip kit, SS extended brake lines, hockey puck bump stop extension, AT shackle flip kit, Light Racing UCA's, 4crawler 1.5" bodylift. custom built front and mid skid plates, re-geared to 4.56s, windows tinted 25%, Sony stereo, 8" skar sub-woofer, 1000 watt mono amp, retrofit headlights with legal demon eye, Kryptek Marathon seat covers. North Star agm 27f battery, Helo 791 rims, 315/75/r16 Mt/r ARB front air locker
    I currently run 5100's on all 4 corners and eibachs springs up front/ aal in the rear. I also have a warn 8000i with synthetic so about 58 pound's give or take and a brute force bumper (at least another 100 pounds). 5100 set at .85 after settling didnt quite give me 2.5" of lift but the ride was still better then stock. it was better then stock before the winch, and it was better then stock before the bumper/winch. you can get ome lift with different coils for various weight and or lift up front. 884 885 886 i believe give you lift and work with more or less weight up front but 883 doesn't i think. someone can chime in and correct me if thats wrong but im pretty sure. hope that helps

4. Mar 27, 2017 at 8:36 PM
    tpotnoc

tpotnoc Sit on my face

Member:
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    15 2.7 DCSB PR
    Bump how would the 5100s do with stock Springs and winch/mount?

Products Discussed in

To Top