1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

installing 5100s up front

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Zombie Runner, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Mar 10, 2009 at 5:54 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner [OP] Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    just got a set of 5100's for the front and im champing at the bit to install them but I want to be fully prepared before i dive into this.
    Does anyone have pics on how to install these? or a list of things to do so i can make sure and not miss anything while in doing it?:confused:
    Ive got a shop with a lift and spring compressor to use, I just need a little more knowledge:rolleyes:

2. Mar 16, 2009 at 6:52 PM
    Hydrabyte

Hydrabyte Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    1987 4Runner
    Cant assist with the front installs, paid a local 4x4 shop for that however the rears took 30 minutes by myself. Now that I have all (4) 5100's on I'll join the chorus - VERY nice ride although I still need an alignment.

3. Mar 16, 2009 at 6:56 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    save yourself some cash..take them out and bring them in off the truck to switch out the fronts.

I priced it out to where I work...I was going to pay 300 for 2 monroe struts installed, with an alignment.

I ordered billy 5100's and i took them into the shop i work for. Threw them in the spring compressor and took me 20 minutes. Reinstalled in my truck in my driveway. Im saving to get an alignment next month.

It was 175 for the struts, and about 68 for the alignment. I saved myself ALOT of cash.

The biggest part about doing this job is the labor you pay to take them in and out of the truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top