1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

6" pro-comp lift any good?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by livelifetolive, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Apr 18, 2014 at 8:30 AM
    livelifetolive

livelifetolive [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    SOBERDAVE
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2009 4dr Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    I have a 2009 QC 4x4 6" stage 1 pro-comp lift with 35". I purchased the truck with the set-up already last year. I could tell he'd been off-roading. Is this set up any good for trail riding? and so fourth? I'm looking to maybe one day do the MOAB or something like that. I'm more into trails, not crazy rock crawls. WHat are your opinions?

2. Apr 18, 2014 at 8:41 AM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
  3. Apr 18, 2014 at 8:42 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    I personally think the Pro comp 6 inch kit is crap. But if i were you i would get rid of those spacers ASAP. Look into icons or kings for replacement shocks.

4. Apr 18, 2014 at 8:50 AM
    livelifetolive

livelifetolive [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    SOBERDAVE
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2009 4dr Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    Yes I have seen that thread. Most I see pictures of the trucks sitting pretty not really doing anything. It's pretty difficult to sit through 442 pages.

Is there a specific set of Icons you recommend and for the lift I already have?

5. Apr 18, 2014 at 8:56 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
  6. Apr 19, 2014 at 4:39 PM
    Navar

Navar Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Corona CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    Washed it, Icon suspension, Icon UCA
    That's just it they sit pretty. Looks good just don't function off road.

Love my Icon set up. Willing to bet none of those pretty 6" pro comp lifts can keep up with me at speed.

7. Apr 19, 2014 at 5:40 PM
    Spencer

Spencer Future President

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Upland, Chino... all of 909.
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 6cyl Sex Machine
    Redline hood lift, Flyzeye cabin lights, tailgate lock, SPOD Power block, VIAR onboard air, Cobra CB radio, Firestick 4' Antenna, Hot Blonde CoPilot Mod, SIX 9" Hella 4000 HID conversion with external 55W ballasts, Six 6" LED bars, Napier Bed Tent, Mudflaps delete using rocks, Roof rack by Brute force, Rock sliders by Brute force, Bed LED lights, Underhood LED automatic lights, Constant 12V bed plug, Rugged race radio, ICON uniball UCA's, KING 2.5 700 rate coilovers, Deaver rear leaf springs, KING 2.5 resi rear shocks (Flat 0.15 stack on compression shims), Scangauge, Empty wallet Mod Bug disease, AllPro Apex front bumper, On board heat exchange shower & water pump (Heater Core intercept mod), On Board Air - Viair for now, ARB when it dies-, allpro Skids back to gas tank- Tepui RTT on the shittiest "Bed Rack" ever made.... AllPro U Bolt flip kit with timbren bumps NEXT UP- expo leafs & bed rack, hydraulic bumps in rear, Total Chaos stock LCA's w/ Bypass, Rear 12" shock hoop relocate

X2
    The only time a real truck should be on blocks is when someone's stolen the wheels.
    edyhy6y4_22aab95163a7f1640bd3e3d1d59754ab8aebea2e.jpg

This is what happens when you put spacers on it and think you've gained anything more than a high center of gravity.

You'd probably be best with a good mid travel setup. Save a couple thousand and do it right. I've got 2.5 kings all around with a Deaver eleven leaf pack and she rides like a caddy over stuff you'd buck and total your brodozer on

8. Apr 19, 2014 at 5:41 PM
    Spencer

Spencer Future President

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Upland, Chino... all of 909.
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 6cyl Sex Machine
    Redline hood lift, Flyzeye cabin lights, tailgate lock, SPOD Power block, VIAR onboard air, Cobra CB radio, Firestick 4' Antenna, Hot Blonde CoPilot Mod, SIX 9" Hella 4000 HID conversion with external 55W ballasts, Six 6" LED bars, Napier Bed Tent, Mudflaps delete using rocks, Roof rack by Brute force, Rock sliders by Brute force, Bed LED lights, Underhood LED automatic lights, Constant 12V bed plug, Rugged race radio, ICON uniball UCA's, KING 2.5 700 rate coilovers, Deaver rear leaf springs, KING 2.5 resi rear shocks (Flat 0.15 stack on compression shims), Scangauge, Empty wallet Mod Bug disease, AllPro Apex front bumper, On board heat exchange shower & water pump (Heater Core intercept mod), On Board Air - Viair for now, ARB when it dies-, allpro Skids back to gas tank- Tepui RTT on the shittiest "Bed Rack" ever made.... AllPro U Bolt flip kit with timbren bumps NEXT UP- expo leafs & bed rack, hydraulic bumps in rear, Total Chaos stock LCA's w/ Bypass, Rear 12" shock hoop relocate

X2
    The only time a real truck should be on blocks is when someone's stolen the wheels.
    edyhy6y4_22aab95163a7f1640bd3e3d1d59754ab8aebea2e.jpg

This is what happens when you put spacers on it and think you've gained anything more than a high center of gravity.

You'd probably be best with a good mid travel setup. Save a couple thousand and do it right. I've got 2.5 kings all around with a Deaver eleven leaf pack and she rides like a caddy over stuff you'd buck and total your brodozer on.

9. Apr 19, 2014 at 6:10 PM
    Lateralus

Lateralus Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Off Road
    Too many to list..
    Look into getting the Stage 2 coil overs (Loss the Spacers) and looking to getting some leafs (Loss the blocks).

I can tell you from my experience that I have been able to go everywhere someone with a shorter lift has. I personally love mine.

Some people may not like it for the look or perceived thought that it won't make it. But there are plenty of us with this lift that do wheel on a regular basis with no problems.

Products Discussed in

To Top