Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/)
-   -   Eibach and Bilsein 5100 questions (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/326730-eibach-bilsein-5100-questions.html)

cpratt11 04-28-2014 12:18 PM

Eibach and Bilsein 5100 questions

I just put 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grappler AT's on my '06 DCLB. They are rubbing on my UCA when making tight turns and I'm trying to fix that. After doing much reading on suspension options I still didn't get the answer I was looking for. What I did get an answer on is that I decided I'm going to get the Bilstein 5100' and pair them with the Eibach springs but I have a few concerns that I couldn't find the answer to.

1. Will raising the front of my truck with that set up fix my problem of my tires rubbing on the UCA? That is the issue that I'm trying to fix

2. How much of a bro lean is this going to give me till I can afford to get new leafs for the back?

3. What spacer are people using for the drivers side? Just a 1/4" seems to be the most popular but is there a certain brand to go with?

I would only want to set the BIllys to 0" so I should only get about 1.6" lift. I've only had my truck a little over a year and this is by far the largest project I've undertaken on my own so I would like to make sure I'm not going to be wasting money. Any thoughts or input would be great

UTdez23 04-30-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpratt11 (Post 8580753)
I just put 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grappler AT's on my '06 DCLB. They are rubbing on my UCA when making tight turns and I'm trying to fix that. After doing much reading on suspension options I still didn't get the answer I was looking for. What I did get an answer on is that I decided I'm going to get the Bilstein 5100' and pair them with the Eibach springs but I have a few concerns that I couldn't find the answer to.

1. Will raising the front of my truck with that set up fix my problem of my tires rubbing on the UCA? That is the issue that I'm trying to fix

2. How much of a bro lean is this going to give me till I can afford to get new leafs for the back?

3. What spacer are people using for the drivers side? Just a 1/4" seems to be the most popular but is there a certain brand to go with?

I would only want to set the BIllys to 0" so I should only get about 1.6" lift. I've only had my truck a little over a year and this is by far the largest project I've undertaken on my own so I would like to make sure I'm not going to be wasting money. Any thoughts or input would be great

Not sure on question #1.. However I'd think you'd be pretty close to level without adding anything on the rear (assuming you don't have a shell or carry any add'tl weight). The factory rake is about 1.5" or so I believe.

For reference, I have an 09 DCLB with 5100's all around, fronts set to 0" with the Eibachs. I do have a wheelers 3-leaf aal pack in back on top of the non-tsb 3 leaf oem springs, but have a shell & about 50 lbs of various equipment in the bed (gas can & holder, etc.) for about 200 total lbs constant weight.. so it squats the back to about level.. I love the set up, it's great for the price especially.

I went with the Toytec 1/4" front top plate spacer for the driver side lean, worked great.

Anyway, hope the info helps and good luck!

cpratt11 05-01-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UTdez23 (Post 8594428)
Not sure on question #1.. However I'd think you'd be pretty close to level without adding anything on the rear (assuming you don't have a shell or carry any add'tl weight). The factory rake is about 1.5" or so I believe.

For reference, I have an 09 DCLB with 5100's all around, fronts set to 0" with the Eibachs. I do have a wheelers 3-leaf aal pack in back on top of the non-tsb 3 leaf oem springs, but have a shell & about 50 lbs of various equipment in the bed (gas can & holder, etc.) for about 200 total lbs constant weight.. so it squats the back to about level.. I love the set up, it's great for the price especially.

I went with the Toytec 1/4" front top plate spacer for the driver side lean, worked great.

Anyway, hope the info helps and good luck!

Thanks for the insight! It just confirms my choice of going with that if it will fix my problem!

Hairy Taco 05-01-2014 05:26 PM

My understanding is that if you are running 285's on stock wheels you will require wheel spacers to prevent any rubbing on the uca's regardless of lift

Mainmoe02 05-01-2014 05:39 PM

yeah I think the answer to your issue of rubbing on the UCA is either wheel spacers or different wheels with less backspacing.

Once you add spacers or get new wheels that might also affect or cause rubbing on other spots. So you may need to do some measuring and testing before buying parts.

cpratt11 05-02-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 (Post 8598622)
yeah I think the answer to your issue of rubbing on the UCA is either wheel spacers or different wheels with less backspacing.

Once you add spacers or get new wheels that might also affect or cause rubbing on other spots. So you may need to do some measuring and testing before buying parts.

Talked to a gent at Wheelers Off-Road and he said the same thing. He suggested Spidertrax spacers or just getting new wheels. Think I'm gonna go for new wheels and hope for the best!

Mainmoe02 05-02-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpratt11 (Post 8601285)
Talked to a gent at Wheelers Off-Road and he said the same thing. He suggested Spidertrax spacers or just getting new wheels. Think I'm gonna go for new wheels and hope for the best!

Most aftermarket wheels will push the tire out far enough to clear the UCA but you want to be certain. I suggest measuring the backspace on your current wheels or post a pic and someone can tell you the specifications on your wheels. Once you have the backspace and offset then you can figure how much less backspace your gonna need on the new wheels. A safe number would be 4" backspace or less, but you may not have to go that low.