1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5100........again.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Animal Mother, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Apr 30, 2014 at 2:31 PM
    Animal Mother

Animal Mother [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport
    I hope to not offend anybody by asking what I assume to be a question that has been asked before(Im guessing many times). I bought a 2011 4x4 double cab TRD sport with a 6cyl. I have no intention of doing any real wheeling with it. It will be a daily driver and might take me off road occasionally to a trail head to mountain bike or hike. Other than that just curb hopping. That being said i want to level it off. Mainly for looks but i still want to do it. Everything that ive read points toward the Bilstein 5100 being a better(for the other parts of the truck at least) option than spacers.

I called a few shops around me and got some mixed answers in terms of what they would do for me so i figured i would come here and ask. Is that really the better option? I was also told that because it is TRD that the shocks out back are already Bilsteins. They might be valved differently but they are still decent(my understanding). I was told by a few of that shops that if i wanted to ONLY put the 5100s up front it would be fine with the stock rear. Is that really the case? If so, which setting should the front be?

Thanks for the help. Ive read so many posts on various forums that i feel like ive been drinking from a firehose. Thanks again.

2. Apr 30, 2014 at 3:31 PM
    wobble

wobble Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ridgefield, WA
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR
    Modified RCD Lift, 315/70R17 STT Pros
    The 5100s are higher quality than what you have now. You don't have to swap the rear shocks if you don't want to though.

Products Discussed in

To Top