1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2" Leveling kit and OME Dakar's?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tyfoon11, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Aug 26, 2014 at 12:31 PM
    tyfoon11

tyfoon11 [OP] Raguel

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Where bald eagles roam, Ca
    garden shed
    Hi all, new to Tacoma's, trucks, TW and to posting a thread so bear with me!

Just got my 2014 4x4 V6 DCLB TRD Sport. I'm planning on getting the TRD 2 inch leveling kit (the one that goes on the Baja Tacoma's) but I'm not that into the leveled look. I would like to go up 2 inches at the back too, for extra clearance and attitude.

after research and many hours of reading this forum I have decided against AAL's and blocks and am leaning towards OME Dakar's. this seems to be a good replacement pack, well priced but handles nicely, and lifts maybe 2.25 inches?

Does anyone know if they would work with the shocks that come in the Baja package (Bilstein 5160's, I believe)? I don't want to sacrifice any performance or risk bottoming/maxing out or anything.

Thanks in advance for any advice, and again bear with me.... total noob here. I've never been into modding my cars but now I have my new baby and I find myself getting sucked into this gaping wormhole of Mod Obsession....!

That being said... love all your build threads, they scare the crap outta me... seeing all the stuff I wish I could afford to do to mine! I'll stick with PiercedTiger's Cheap Mods page for now:)

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top