1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME 883 Coil Frustration

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mackay, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Jan 16, 2015 at 11:25 AM
    mackay

mackay [OP] i love cheap beer!

Member:
    SLC, UT
    OME 881 ARB Bummper/XRC OME Dakars
    Hello Tacoma World.

I have had 883's on my truck for the past year running a ARB bumper w. no winch.

Long story short I have put 15k miles on them and they are still WAY too stiff. I am also getting this clunking noise in the passenger side that sounds like suspension is topping out; not sure.

I am looking at switching to the 882 coils and adding a winch and differential drop; opinions?

My CV's are busted as well and will replace in the process. Are Tacoma CV's prone to binding? It is around 40 here in Salt Lake so wondering if I should also rent a torch in addition to the slide hammer to yank the old ones out. Cheers!

IMG_20150112_231131.jpg

2. May 25, 2015 at 10:08 AM
    RobK

RobK Well-Known Member

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 w/Tow
    TRD offroad/racing Intake, pioneer bluetooth headunit, wetsuit seat covers, weathertech floorliners, Bully side step bars, tailgate security mod, rear aux halogen lights, BHLM, Upper and Lower Grillcraft Grills, Relocated Horns, Mag-lite mounts, pop lock, truxedo tonneau, PUTCO window visors, spidertraxspacers f&r, , bilstein 5100s set @ 0 with stock coils in front and TSB AAL in rear w/ 5100s .
    What shocks are u running?

3. May 25, 2015 at 10:09 AM
    RobK

RobK Well-Known Member

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 w/Tow
    TRD offroad/racing Intake, pioneer bluetooth headunit, wetsuit seat covers, weathertech floorliners, Bully side step bars, tailgate security mod, rear aux halogen lights, BHLM, Upper and Lower Grillcraft Grills, Relocated Horns, Mag-lite mounts, pop lock, truxedo tonneau, PUTCO window visors, spidertraxspacers f&r, , bilstein 5100s set @ 0 with stock coils in front and TSB AAL in rear w/ 5100s .
    Don't do the diff drop. Waste of money.

4. Jun 3, 2015 at 6:06 PM
    libagui

libagui Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dominican Republic
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma prerunner
    Bilsteins 5100 set at .085 Rear custom 1" add a leaf 265/70 R17 tires. Custom made aluminum tonneau cover with bike rack. 4x4 conversion with 4Runner transfer case.
    Clunking noise may be sway bar bushing.

Products Discussed in

To Top