1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Deaver 11 pack, wanting to lower...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Tillers_Rule, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Feb 10, 2015 at 7:13 PM
    Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule [OP] ......................

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Sport, debadged
    Icon coil overs up front, Total Chaos UCA, Icon remote reservoir in the back with Deaver 11 pack leafs. Sunroof, Hella 500's behind grill.
    A few years ago I picked up the Deaver 10 pack. After installing I noticed I didn't get any measurable lift when compared to the stock (post recalled, 4 leaf) springs. So, I took them back to Deaver and they added another leaf, hence, the 11 pack.

While I love the looks, ride and height of my truck now, it's time to replace tires and since I'm a freeway queen now, the 285's are being replaced with stock size tires.

I don't really care for the look of a 3" lift with stock tires, so I'm wanting to lower my truck back down a couple inches. Front is easy as I've got the adjustable ICON's, so I can just crank them down.

With the rear, I removed the extra leaf that I had Deaver add, but I'm not seeing any decrease in ride height (still at 23.5" fender to center of hub).

OK, on to my question. Am I going about this the wrong way? My next step was going to be to remove another leaf (going down to 9), but now I'm wondering if when I took them back to Deaver, they added more arch, or something to achieve the additional ride height. I haven't called Deaver, but planned on doing so tomorrow to see if they could provide me with any helpful information.

Not looking to get rid of or trade these springs away, as I'd like to keep the option of lifting truck back up in the future, just don't need it now as my lifestyle could use the MPG's of stock tires. If it comes down to it, I'll just run the rear at it's current height and lower the front a bit (all four corners are equal now at 23.5")

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015

Products Discussed in

To Top