1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein,AAL and TSB questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by jimmer84, May 13, 2009.

1. May 13, 2009 at 12:29 PM
    jimmer84

jimmer84 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Pulaski,WI
    Vehicle:
    05 SR-5 4 Cyl
    Hi. I just found this forum and it has been a big help so far, but I have some questions.

My 05 Tacoma is sitting low in the rear and has been for a while. I haul 400-600 lbs everyday(its a company truck) and it is out of warranty(130,000 miles). I just found out about the TSB, but they wont cover it anymore. How much are the spring packs if bought outright?Is it worth putting in the tsb springs or just put an AAL instead?

Lastly, i do almost all highway driving with it. are the bilstein HD's adequate with the AAL? or are the 5100's better? or does anybody have any other ideas?

Thanks Alot!

Jim S.

2. May 13, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Just get an AAL...The spring packs are like 1700 (parts and labor).

Are you trying to lift your truck or just keep it level?? The 5100's will probably be a nicer ride and will give you the chance to level it out with the back.

Welcome to the board!!

3. May 13, 2009 at 1:04 PM
    jimmer84

jimmer84 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Pulaski,WI
    Vehicle:
    05 SR-5 4 Cyl
    just keep it level, i haul alot of stuff, so if it sits up a bit when it's empty i dont care.

Products Discussed in

To Top