1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 Lift help

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 09tacoLI, May 14, 2009.

1. May 14, 2009 at 7:49 AM
    09tacoLI

09tacoLI [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island ny
    Vehicle:
    09 off road
    Shrockworks sliders,Shrockworks Front bumper,Warn 9.5xp winch,Toytec Ult.3in,Total Chaos UCAs,AP expo Rear, Fox remote resi shocks Bud built skids,Piaa 7in,Piaa yellow plasma Off road lights.
    I have a 2009 OR 4x4 dbl cab SB. I got my TC ucas yesterday from the group buy. Now I need to pick out my lift and I have been reading my ass off trying to decide what is going to work for me. I do mostly trail off roading and beaches. What I'm looking for is midrage price and reliable.
    I have been leaning toward the Toytec ultimate lift kit. If I go with this lift will I need to buy other stuff like brake lines ext. Also I see alot of guys swearing by OME what kind of set up is this and do you need a diff drop and shims for the rear. Thanks for the help.

2. May 14, 2009 at 2:48 PM
    TacoTycoon

TacoTycoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Hayes, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4WD Indigo Ink
    Bilstein 5100 Coilovers, Diff Drop Kit, TSB AAL, 285/70/17 BFG A/T Tires, 17X8 Helo HE835 Wheels, Rear Bilstein 5100s, Dual Flowmaster 50 series, TRD CAI, TRD Front Seat Covers, Rear Suspension TSB, 35% Tint, Redline Hood Struts, MagLite Mod
    you can't go wrong with either the toytec coilovers or the whole OME setup. The only difference is in spring rate (can't remember the difference) and the coilovers are adjustable. I do not believe extended brake lines are required, nor is the diff drop. Hope this helps some and others will chime in to verify and help you with the rest, good luck!

3. May 14, 2009 at 5:32 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    don't need brake lines, both are good affordable kits that will serve you well, flip a con and pick one.:D

4. May 14, 2009 at 7:16 PM
    rpparkster

rpparkster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD 4X4
    TRD FJ Wheels, 285 GY DuraTrac's, Fox 2.5 C/O w/ Res, TC UCA's, Demello Sliders,AllPro 3" Leaf Pack, Walker Evans 2.0 Adj. RR, AllPro Front Bumper & IFS Skid, Timbren Bump Stops, Leather
    I went OME through Toytec w/ the AAL and OME Shocks all around. Drives good and really happy w/ the results. I didn't want to go with Ultimate Kit b/c I wanted a ride close to stock without firming it up too much. Also, I'm not that serious of an off road-er so I thought Coilovers were overkill for me.

5. May 14, 2009 at 7:29 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    The differences between the OME and the Toytec Coilovers are:
    The Toytec springs are a 16" 600# spring rate
    OME 885's are 16" 590# spring rate
    The Toytecs are adjustable
    The OME shocks are a low pressure twin tube (more oil) speed sensative dampening
    The Toytec uses the Bilstien 5100's which are a single tube High pressure shock, with speed sensative dampening.

:)

6. May 14, 2009 at 7:30 PM
    vwguy60

vwguy60 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport DC LB
    Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit, TC ucas, TRD CAI, powder coated OEM tube steps, powder coated TRD skid plate.
    I went with the Toytec Ultimate Kit on my 2009, it was great, the install took less than 2 hours with a friend and it rides really nice!

IMG_2291.jpg

7. May 15, 2009 at 1:07 AM
    09tacoLI

09tacoLI [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island ny
    Vehicle:
    09 off road
    Shrockworks sliders,Shrockworks Front bumper,Warn 9.5xp winch,Toytec Ult.3in,Total Chaos UCAs,AP expo Rear, Fox remote resi shocks Bud built skids,Piaa 7in,Piaa yellow plasma Off road lights.
    Thanks guys still till june to make my choice. I have more info now this site is great.

Products Discussed in

To Top