1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My driving impressions of the 5100s

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by cbcs1987, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Jun 4, 2009 at 2:51 PM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 [OP] Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    I know before I installed my 5100s I was always curious about the ride quality after installing, and have seen a lot of people wanting to know the same thing. I thought it would be a good idea to share my impressions thus far of my 5100s up front at the 2.5 setting. I have stock trd bilsteins in the back for now.

The ride is COMPLETELY the same to me on the road. The downtravel is good off road and fits my needs perfect. I do notice the front sittin higher and I like it...especially cuz the fronts higher than dads tundra now :)
    Driving on the road I didnt notice an increase in the stiffness of the ride like some on here have.

With that being said, if you want to maintain a stock-like ride and level your truck out I would highly recommend the 5100s. Downsouth Motorsports did a great job about getting the order out fast.

2. Jun 4, 2009 at 2:56 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Good review. Thanks.

3. Jun 4, 2009 at 3:01 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    How did the alignment work out, did you get the caster and camber back to factory specification?

I am thinking about going this route but am wary of alignment issues. I don't exactly want to spend 450 extra on a pair of UCAs unless absolutely necessary. I recently ditched my 3 inch revtec kit because of the harsh ride and wandering at highway speeds. The last think I wanted was to go another route and have the same issues.

4. Jun 4, 2009 at 3:06 PM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 [OP] Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    Its just fine. Not sure what they set it to but its perfect. I dont think you will need UCAs. I know a lot of people like them, but its just personal preference. My friend has an 01 with 7" lift with 38s etc... and stock ucas. his truck drives like stock.

As far as the 5100s go.... I like them, but I already wish I woulda just went ahead and got a 3 inch. I'll probably just throw aside like 10 bucks a week or something until my new tires wear out, and when they do I'll get the toytec coilovers that can mount to the 5100s to lift up to 3.5" Then I can run 33's.

Products Discussed in

To Top