1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck sits lower in the rear non tsb reg cab

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 08beachtoy, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Jul 28, 2009 at 8:36 PM
    08beachtoy

08beachtoy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08' reg cab 4x4 2.7ltr 5 spd
    Sony cd player /ipod , small amp, bed mat from Dee Zee , A.R.E. custom cap with yakima racks, weather gaurd floor mats , oem fog lights ,oem DRL mod, class III hitch ,custom bed mounted power inverter, tinted windows 5 % all around, oem hood protector /bugshield , avs door visors ,wet okole seat covers , Train air horn
    I have an 08 Reg cab that is not in the Tsb for rear leaf springs .I installed an ARE Cap on the truck and since then it sits lower in the rear than in the front especially when hauling stuff . What is the best solution to bring the back of the truck up a bit to compensate for the weight of the cap ??

2. Jul 28, 2009 at 8:38 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    An Add a Leaf from toytech or one of the off road suspension vendors

3. Jul 28, 2009 at 8:41 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
  4. Jul 29, 2009 at 7:01 PM
    08beachtoy

08beachtoy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08' reg cab 4x4 2.7ltr 5 spd
    Sony cd player /ipod , small amp, bed mat from Dee Zee , A.R.E. custom cap with yakima racks, weather gaurd floor mats , oem fog lights ,oem DRL mod, class III hitch ,custom bed mounted power inverter, tinted windows 5 % all around, oem hood protector /bugshield , avs door visors ,wet okole seat covers , Train air horn
    Well I called toytec today they are having a custom spring pack made for me by alcan spring to help with the extra weight of the cap and my tools. It should bring the truck back to stock height in the rear with up to 500 lbs in it which is the normal amout of stuff I carry around on a daily basis .I am so tired of looking at the truck and it sits lower in the back by about a half of an inch that don't sound like much but it is very noticeable to me . If I pull my boat or tow my car to the track its kind of embarassing the way the truck looks in the rear .I cant wait for the new leaf pack to get here !!!! Thanks dgerm for turning me on to the right people to get the right stuff for my truck ! You guys never let me down on here

Products Discussed in

To Top