1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Quick TSB Question?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by krisjw101, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Aug 2, 2009 at 12:51 AM
    krisjw101

krisjw101 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Spokane,WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    Autobot in my rear window
    Does all of this TSB stuff I have been reading about apply to the 09's as well? If so does anyone have a link that I could print for the 09 and take to the dealer so I can have it done on my truck as well. Any info would be great, thanks.

2. Aug 2, 2009 at 1:48 AM
    phynyx38

phynyx38 Believe

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma PreRunner
    Hey check here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/29198-how-i-got-tsb-my-2009-a.html

and here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/7158-dealers-who-performed-suspension-tsb.html

The second one has the pdf that shows the vin numbers that are eligible for the TSB and the part numbers that can be replaced. So even though you have a 2009, check the vin and part numbers because you may still qualify.

Search and read through what others have done to get the TSB done on their 2009's. Hope this helps.

3. Aug 2, 2009 at 5:32 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    It shows VIN segments- not entire numbers. And I'd be willing to bet that those VIN snippets are the ones that identify the body styles and drive packages that are eligible. The TSB clearly states that it applies to 05-08 trucks...so VIN segment match or not- It doens't apply to a truck that is a '09.

That being said- Have you experienced the problem...or did you just read about it here?? (for my own personal curiosity).

It can't hurt to go to the dealer and say "Harsh Ride/Bottoming out"...Take the TSB and if they tell you there is nothing they can do then show them the part numbers are the same on your truck as the TSB and keep working from there. Calling Toyota corporate is also important- cause they won't update the TSB if people don't complain.

4. Aug 2, 2009 at 10:39 AM
    krisjw101

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Spokane,WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    Well i was hauling some sand last week and the ride really sucked. I dont think that it ever bottomed out all the way but it was supper harsh. Then i saw a mod thread that talked about a TSB and had no idea what it was so I tried to find out what it was..... And here i set.

5. Aug 2, 2009 at 11:04 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yup...You'v seen the problem. Print the TSB for reference. It's good to have it to show them the part numbers that match.

6. Aug 2, 2009 at 11:10 AM
    krisjw101

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Spokane,WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    Okay well i will go print TSB and and check the part numbers and then see what I can do. If anyone else has anymore info..... I'd like to know thanks.

7. Aug 2, 2009 at 11:17 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Never mind

8. Aug 2, 2009 at 11:25 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    The info you've gotten so far and the stuff posted on the board is everything. some dealers are doing 09's...Some aren't. Go and ask and go from there.

If you hadn't ever seen this forum or the TSB- You would go in and say "My truck rides horrible with a load in it...I think my springs are bad" and treat it like a warranty repair- Go into it the same way...We might be able to help you a bit more...but not much.

9. Aug 2, 2009 at 12:28 PM
    krisjw101

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Spokane,WA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    Thanks a lot Mark you have been a great help.

10. Aug 2, 2009 at 1:48 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Welcomed- We aim to please!!

Products Discussed in

To Top