1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cheapest Place for TC UCA's

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by dysfunctnlretard, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Sep 9, 2009 at 8:11 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    Anybody know? I searched the forums last night and remember someone mentioning they paid a little under $600 from a local dealership but after 1.5 hours of searching, I cant find the thread. DSMS said they could do $635 which isnt too bad, but I wouldnt mind saving another $40 either.

2. Sep 9, 2009 at 8:25 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    check out DownSouthMotors. there a vendor here.
    thats were I got mine, and no buddy beat it.

3. Sep 9, 2009 at 8:33 PM
    johnecon2001

johnecon2001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
    Downey front skid, Trail Gear U-Bolt flip, Toytec AAL, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein 5100's x4 + Eibach adjustable coils, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Custom Rear bumper, TRD OffRoad front tow hook, TRD Trail Team wheels, Federal Couragia M/T 265's, ARB rear locker + on board air (CKMA12), TRD shift knob, Alpine W205, TRD seat covers, Tom Woods 1 Piece drive shaft, Powermaster D2700, Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders.
    There was a pair in the toyota nation for sale thread for $400.

4. Sep 9, 2009 at 8:34 PM
    Canadianboy

Canadianboy Taco love in East Van

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport S/B 4x4 Auto in Mag Grey
    Icon Stage 3, Goodyear Duratracs and KMC Addicts!
    I remember seeing that too, if I remember right I think it was from a Toyota dealer. I bought mine from Outlaw offroad for $635 I think, but free shipping. I'm not too sure I would recommend these guys though. My first order were Icons with the TC ucas. They seemed good to deal with over the phone, sent me a tracking number and I got the parts as promised. But, the second time around I bought rear Icon resi shocks and an Icon 3 leaf aal. They told me the parts were on there way, but never sent a tracking number. I called in 2 times, and the guy who is suppose to know whats going on is never there. I sent 3 emails, and nothing. The leafs finally showed up, but I had to phone Icon themselves to find out that the resi shocks were back ordered. I wouldn't mind so much if someone from outlaw would have told me from the beginning. I huge lack of communication from there end. Kinda feels like they just took my money and told me to f-off. I wouldn't order from them again. Anyways, just a heads up.

5. Sep 9, 2009 at 8:38 PM
    Padilla1880

Padilla1880 "Let's Ride!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad V6 SR5 PreRunner
    Sold to me for 375!

6. Sep 9, 2009 at 8:52 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    damn you.

jk.

7. Sep 9, 2009 at 8:53 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    I already check Down South Motor Sports(DSMS in original post)

8. Sep 9, 2009 at 9:02 PM
    Padilla1880

Padilla1880 "Let's Ride!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad V6 SR5 PreRunner
    Haha, yea i picked them up today. The seller lives 10 mins from me. :D

9. Sep 10, 2009 at 3:56 AM
    chad68

chad68 Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    How long did it take for you to get your rear ICON's? I was planning on buying my stuff from Outlaw Offroad. Since they are in California, I'm hoping I can just pick all the stuff up in person from them. I had a similar experiance with Camburg and a vendor and ended up canceling my order for Camburg CO's.

Didn't bother me that they were out of stock but the communication between Camburg and vendor was a joke, so I pulled the plug and decided Camburgs not getting my money. What pi$$ed me off is I had to throw in a Revtek to get it in the air tp mount my wheels and tires. I could have coilovers instead of teeth chattering Revtek.

Good thing is now I will end up getting even better CO's, whether they will be Kings or ICON RR's.

Plus since it's been so long, I now know how to install all the stuff myself and save a few hundred bucks thanks to the help from this site!

10. Sep 10, 2009 at 9:52 AM
    Canadianboy

Canadianboy Taco love in East Van

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport S/B 4x4 Auto in Mag Grey
    Icon Stage 3, Goodyear Duratracs and KMC Addicts!
    It took about a 1 1/2 weeks to get my coilovers and uca's. There price is hard to beat.
    The first order was fine, everything as promised. But the second order I put in, really made me mad. I spent 2g with them and they can't even tell me the icon rear shocks are back ordered. I hate playing phone tag and sending email and email asking the same question. Tell me they are back ordered from the beginning and I would have been fine with that. Take my money, then ignore me, argh!!!! Anyways, good luck if you decide to order from them.

11. Sep 10, 2009 at 9:57 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    well I just called them today, and I've heard good things about their shop service so I was gonna have them installed as well. They're pretty close to my house so I may get them installed too. I dont really have a place to work on my truck and I hate driving with an f'd up alignment as I'm paranoid that my new tires are gonna wear uneven (which they probably already are). In any case, they quoted me $825 ($900 out the door) for parts, labor, and alignment.

12. Sep 10, 2009 at 10:16 AM
    johnecon2001

johnecon2001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
    Downey front skid, Trail Gear U-Bolt flip, Toytec AAL, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein 5100's x4 + Eibach adjustable coils, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Custom Rear bumper, TRD OffRoad front tow hook, TRD Trail Team wheels, Federal Couragia M/T 265's, ARB rear locker + on board air (CKMA12), TRD shift knob, Alpine W205, TRD seat covers, Tom Woods 1 Piece drive shaft, Powermaster D2700, Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders.
    ^ $900 installed for a set of UCA's? Sorry, but that's a rip off.

13. Sep 10, 2009 at 10:20 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    well cheapest price on some UCA's is $635. Plus tax and that comes out to $692. Alignment prices (in Orange County, from the 7-9 shops I've called) are $65-$90. So I'm paying around $150 for installation. Is that really that bad. I just saw a thread last night where some guy was going to put $242 just for installation and contributors of the thread commented that that was average.

14. Sep 10, 2009 at 1:55 PM
    shootermcgavinyo

shootermcgavinyo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rockford, IL
    Vehicle:
    '08 double cab 4x4 v6 trd off road
  15. Sep 10, 2009 at 2:02 PM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
  16. Sep 10, 2009 at 3:28 PM
    chad68

chad68 Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    $900 OTD with the alignment isn't that bad IMO.

Products Discussed in

To Top