1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just finished my lift... quick questions!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by eltaco, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Oct 3, 2009 at 6:18 PM
    eltaco

eltaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 DC Offroad
    First, for some background. I bought this truck with 7k miles about a year ago. It had Tuff Country front spacers installed, but stock UCAs. The alignment has been noticably off, and I finally had the cash to fix it right, so I went with some Camburg Ball-Joint UCAs and assembled my own Toytec coiloevers with Bilstien 5100s.

Now that it's all back together, I have a couple of questions.
    1. When I pulled my original coil overs off of the truck, there was a ~1/2" spacer above the top plate on each side. They didn't look stock, nor did the label, so I wasn't sure if I should put them back in with the new coils. I did not place them in for the time being; please correct me if I am wrong.

2. The instructions for the adjustment collar said that 1" of thread below the nut would yield 3" of lift, and not to exceed 1.5" of thread. I put the passenger side at 1.125" and the driver's side at 1.325" to try level to front and drove around the block. After letting it settle, I would suspect that I have a maximum of 1-1.5" of lift currently... way off from the 3" the instructions suggested. Did I do something wrong?

3. Could someone measure from the top of their 285s to the painted fender and give me a measurement to go off of? I mistakenly forgot to measure before starting, so I'm going from eye, but it's clearly lower than before.

Thanks!

2. Oct 3, 2009 at 6:24 PM
    cntstan

cntstan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Wisconsin now, North Carolina will always be HOME
    Vehicle:
    08 DC SR5 4X4 ; 94 Ford Bronco
    3" Toytec coilovers, rear AAL,satoshi'd grill,ARE topper,TRD exhaust, All Pro winch bumper, Warn winch, All Pro skid, Pro comp 7089's, Supersprings, Wet Okole seat covers
  3. Oct 3, 2009 at 6:38 PM
    eltaco

eltaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 DC Offroad
    Thanks for the big help. Just looking at the coilovers, I would have kept wrenching on them. I bought the kit instead of the pre-assembled coilovers, and I know that with 1" of thread there isn't a lot of preload on the springs at all... but I heeded Toytec's instructional warnings. Maybe in a couple of hours I'll go back and adjust them correctly... I've already spent 1.5 days getting the coil overs and UCAs installed (don't ask.)

Products Discussed in

To Top