1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sway away racerunner 2.5"

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by chad68, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Feb 5, 2008 at 8:34 AM
    chad68

chad68 [OP] Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    When I finally get my truck later on, I've decided to spend the extra money and go with these instead of the cheap 2.5" bushing spacer route.

How hard are these to install? Seems it would be pretty easy since you don't need to compress the SAW spring? Do you still need to compress the factory springs to remove them?

What about relocating the sway, is that easy?

If anybody as a DIY link that would be great.

2. Feb 5, 2008 at 12:50 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    These are a cinch to put on. You don't need to compress the OEM springs to remove them. Just undo the 3 smaller nuts and the lower bolt. DO NOT REMOVE THE MIDDLE NUT ON THE TOP, that will cause catastrophic results if you do that. You won't need to relocate the sway bar to install it either, although it might be wise to disconnect the sway bar to get more articulation to install/remove the shocks.

DIY: http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/donahoeinstall/donahoeinstall.htm

3. Feb 5, 2008 at 10:46 PM
    chad68

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    Oh cool thanks for that. One question. The kit I was looking at online said it comes with a sway bar relocation kit as well, which sounds like some sort of brackets, bolts or something, that permentaly relocate the sways.. Is it nessiary to relocate the sways with the 2.5" coil overs?

4. Feb 6, 2008 at 12:03 AM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Hmmmm, never heard of anything like that before for a 1st gen Taco, what year Taco do you have?

5. Feb 6, 2008 at 5:23 AM
    chad68

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top