1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installed eibach 1.6 and WOW

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Zac808, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Nov 18, 2009 at 8:18 PM
    Zac808

Zac808 [OP] Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    I just got done installing by GB eibach springs. Left side was about and hour:mad: and right side was less than 20 mins:D.

Ride quality is amazing. No nose dive. Rides smoother than stock. BTW I have the stock billies.

I have a couple questions though:

1. When I disconnected the sway bar, the link dropped on to the tiny metal piece sticking off of the rotor shield at the 10 o'clock position. It hit perfectly on the swaybar link boot. Now there is a tear and grease cam out. Is the link rebuildable or should I just order a whole new link?

2. Also when I installed the top plate, the two top strut to frame bolts weren't perfectly perpendicular with the bottom strut bushing. I had to pry/beat it into the LCA. If the bushing has some twisting pressure, will this cause premature wear? Should I remove the whole strut and make it exactly 90 degrees from the mount bolts? I plan on getting 5100's in a year or so. Should I just wait until I get the 5100's and just leave the strut how it is until then?

I know, I know
    :worthless:
    Pics will be up tomorrow.

2. Nov 18, 2009 at 8:39 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    I just used a spud wrench kind of like a big awl to slip into the bottom bolt hole and gave it a twist to line it up with the mount.
    Shouldn't hurt anythig unless you buggered up the rubber real bad.

Products Discussed in

To Top