1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd pair of skyjacker front shocks go bad within a few weeks

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by shadisaac, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:22 PM
    shadisaac

shadisaac [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shad
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 4dr TRD Pkg 4x4 3inch lift 32in NG
    3in Skyjacker Full replacement Suspension kit, 16 inch XD rims, 32 inch Nitto tires
    I had a 3 or 4inch full replacement suspension kit put on my tacoma. I had my tacoma back one day, and front skyjacker shocks were leaking fluid. They were replaced by offroad shop where I had then installed. One week after shocks were replaced, shocks are leaking again. Any idea as to what the problem could be? I have 32 inch nitto gr tires on it, I dont off road it, YET, but am getting tired of leaving truck in the shop.

I paid 1300 for lift, and 350 for labor to install.

2. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:25 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    I dont like skyjacker. I would sell it and get something else. Lots of options for your truck. Here is where skyjacker is in my book:

10. Skyjacker

lol

3. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:30 PM
    shadisaac

Member:
    First Name:
    Shad
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    3in Skyjacker Full replacement Suspension kit, 16 inch XD rims, 32 inch Nitto tires
    Suggestions as to something different. I have full replacement leaf on the rear, but the front shocks keep leaking and going bad. What is better option, this was my first lift and my first Tacoma!

4. Nov 23, 2009 at 9:32 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Do you want 2.5" or 3"?

You can buy front billstein shocks 5100's and set them at 2.5". Thats less than 200.

Pro comp came out with a decent 3" I believe.

OME 3" gives you lift from the coils and new OME shocks. Great ride.

Whats the budget?

5. Nov 23, 2009 at 10:01 PM
    shadisaac

Member:
    First Name:
    Shad
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    ALready paid the guy 1600 bucks to put the 3inch lift kit on. So I am expecting him to get it right. I believe it has a 3inch lift on it already. Just need new full replacement shocks in the front.

6. Nov 23, 2009 at 11:41 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Hopefully it works

7. Nov 24, 2009 at 4:09 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Tell the guy at the shop to give you something else. Don't get RANCHO (RONCHO). I had the same problems with them years ago - and I'd never go back.

Have them give you OME (Old Man EMU).

8. Nov 24, 2009 at 5:06 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...I paid less for my OME lift with new UCAs than you paid for your SkyJacker lift...I'm going to vote you got screwed.

They need to keep replacing it until they install good shocks in there...If you aren't beating it up then it should be leaking. Part of the problem with having a shop do work for you means if you need stuff fixed- It's gotta go to the shop.

9. Nov 24, 2009 at 6:34 AM
    Gossamer

Gossamer Howard Roark

Member:
    West of Illinois and East of Nebraska
    I had a Skyjacker 4" softride on my Jeep wrangler and it was great...never had any issues. i would call Skyjacker yourself and talk with them...they are great people who believe in making things right. they'll get it squared away for you.

Products Discussed in

To Top