1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear break line instelation

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Bearskill, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Nov 29, 2009 at 10:21 AM
    Bearskill

Bearskill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Hello! First of all, Im back from my deployment! YAY!!!!!! Second, I just orderd Wheelersoffroad.com's full OME rear end line up. I also orderd some extended rear break lines. Wheelers said I don't HAVE to have them, but if I go off roading there is a small % I would get enough droop to over extend the stock ones. ANYWAYS, How do I go about changing/bleeding/refilling them and avoid air in the lines? Oh,ya I Have an 06 preruuner. Thanx. Ken.

2. Nov 29, 2009 at 10:22 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Glad your back!!!!! How much rear lift will you have? And what rear shocks?

3. Nov 29, 2009 at 10:33 AM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Im going from my 2'' Toytec AAL to the OME Dakars so all said and done 2.75'' after they settle in Im asuming 2.5''. And I got the OME shocks that are recomended with the springs. Can't remember the part #.

4. Nov 29, 2009 at 10:35 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    The OME shocks will limit the down travle. You can install a spacer on the brake line braket to give the required amount of play. PackerfanXD has it on his truck, and could post a pic for ya.

5. Nov 29, 2009 at 11:37 AM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    Hey, sorry I didn't reply, the wife booted me ofline for a sec. Pics of that bracket would be awesome! If I can just throw in a spacer instead of bleeding my whole system, would save a lot of work. Me and a friend from work are going to put everything on here in a week or so. Thanks Chris!!!

6. Nov 29, 2009 at 11:58 AM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    Ya, i hear ya. just wanted to see the pics Chris mentioned. Then I could decide what would be best. And as for the bleed ding of the breaks, Im sure it's easy, just never done it before, especialy with drum breaks. Every time I've changed my pads I just use the old C clamp trick. Which i know is not the best for your system, i just do it very slowly.

7. Nov 29, 2009 at 12:38 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Send a PM to PackerfanXD and see if he can take a pic for ya. I dont have one of his truck :eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top