1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Some Solid Shim/AAL Advice Plz

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by PreRunner, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Mar 6, 2010 at 2:33 PM
    PreRunner

PreRunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have the deaver 10 leaf pack from wheelers with bilstein 5100's. there is a slight driveline shudder. im also planning on adding another AAL most likely. what shims should i get, and how do i know which angle to buy? Also, will my 3/8 centerbolt be long enough? If not, where do you get one in the right length?

what sort of AAL is compatable with this deaver pack? id really like another 1" of lift in the rear. just want to get the right parts and not have any suprises. thanks.

2. Mar 6, 2010 at 8:31 PM
    noSKills858

noSKills858 battlescars

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Poway, CA
    Vehicle:
    2003 5-lug Prerunner
    Couple shocks, some old tires, and a bad paint job
    Drive line shudder is caused by your pinion angle not being set correctly. In order to fix that problem you will need to weld on new spring perches and center your 3rd member either inline with the drive shaft or at the same angle as the trans and 2-3 degrees down to compensate for any axle wrap on acceleration.

I'm not sure about the AAL being added to the Deavers. Typically their pack is designed without adding more leafs. It sounds like you want a longer shackle instead to achieve more lift, otherwise lower the front end.

Products Discussed in

To Top