1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front Springs

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by slawdog, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Mar 11, 2010 at 10:13 AM
    slawdog

slawdog [OP] Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5
    I've put my name on the wait list for the 5100's. I've got an 03 Double Cab with a 3" body lift. My question is, Do i need to replace the front coils with the new shocks? If so where's the best place to buy & what type?

Also I'm experiencing what I believe is axel wrap. Will putting in an AAL help? If so, again, best place to buy & what type?

And finally, would all this be overkill? Can I leave lift on with all this new equipment? Would it be better to take the lift off? I'm running 265/75 17's.

2. Mar 11, 2010 at 10:39 AM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    I would personally get rid of the body lift! And then just get do a true suspension lift. But with the 5100's It would be a good idea to get new coils bc it will ride better then your TRD's. And for rear, an AAL will help it but not cure it. Are your leafs sagging? or frouning instead of smiling? If so you need new leaf springs.
    Here's a link for the coils and AAL, great company and products for a descent price!
    For a new leaf pack I would go with wheelersoffroad.com

3. Mar 11, 2010 at 10:52 AM
    slawdog

slawdog [OP] Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5
    Thanks. I just checked & they are sagging. If I replace them will I need to order the AAL as well? They also give me the option of 4 or 5 leaf sets.
    Which of these is the best?

Sorry for all the questions. I know plenty about trucks, but suspensions & lifts are something I've never messed with.

4. Mar 11, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Its cool! Well how much lift do you wan?. Or better yet, what exactly do you want to do? Are you getting rid of the body lift or just adding to it?
    The 4 leaf is just stock hight and the 5 leaf provides 1.5" lift. If you replace the whole leaf pack with one that will give you lift, you dont have to get the AAL.

Products Discussed in

To Top